Aunt Cass Café is part of the brand new San Fransokyo Square which has officially opened at Disney California Adventure and we’ve got your full look at everything the location has to offer including a refreshed menu with fusion flavors across a variety of dishes including sandwiches, soups, salads, and more plus signature cocktails and drinks.
About the Location
Aunt Cass Café replaced the Pacific Wharf Cafe which was an opening day original at Disney California Adventure. The location has seen a series of changes to its menu over the years but always with a focus on fresh-baked bread by partner Boudin Bakery.
The eatery maintains the industrial vibes of the land as a whole while still aiming to evoke the warmth and charm of the Lucky Cat Café run by Aunt Cass in the BIG HERO 6 film. Bright pink umbrellas add a radiant glow when the sun shines bright.
This location offers Mobile Order to help minimize your time standing in line. We’ve noticed over the past few weeks that Mobile Order pick-ups have taken upwards of 30 minutes or more from the point of hitting the “Prepare My Order” button.
This adorable Baymax Sipper is available for $19.79 and includes choice of fountain beverage at time of purchase (sales limited to two per person, per transaction; no discounts apply) and can be purchased from Aunt Cass Café, Lucky Fortune Cookery, and Aunt Cass Café.
What We Ate
The menu has been almost completely revamped, here’s a taste of what we tried…
Chilled Shrimp Soba Noodle Salad ($19.99) features tofu, cabbage, edamame, carrots, roasted corn, scallions and cilantro topped with crispy shallots and sesame ginger dressing. The dish can also be purchased without the shrimp for ($13.99). This was surprisingly a standout dish for the entire menu. The ingredients were fresh, the flavors were crisp, the dish is refreshing, tasty, and well balanced.
Shrimp Katsu Sandwich ($14.99) features a panko-breaded shrimp patty on a potato bun with cabbage slaw, spicy mayo and katsu sauce, served with garlic chips. The patty was a little dense although the flavor was good and was aided by the crunchy breading. The slaw and sauces were tasty and the chips are great. Wouldn’t recommend this dish, though.
Curry Beef ($12.49) features beef, carrots, potatoes and onions cooked in classic curry topped with rice, pickled ginger and green onions. There were actual discernable pieces of beef in this which was a pleasant surprise and they were cooked perfectly. If you’re fan of curry, this should fit the bill as it soaks up into the sourdough bread bowl. Hearty and filling.
Turkey Pesto Club ($13.29) features roasted turkey breast, pesto aioli, havarti cheese, bacon, arugula and tomato on herb focaccia with potato chips. The flavors on this menu may be intimidating to picky eaters but the turkey pesto is a pretty straight forward option. If you aren’t mobile ordering, you can ask to hold the petsto or get it on the side. A kid’s version with less of the toppings is available for $7.99 and is served with Cuties Mandarin orange, applesauce, and choice small beverage.
San Fransokyo Clam Chowder ($12.49) features creamy clam chowder with bacon, potatoes, and a hint of white miso. We were pleasantly surprised by this one, it’s not a traditional clam chowder, it has a nice salty kick from the bacon. The chowder is thick and very chunky with lots of clams and potatoes.
Creamy Mac & Cheese ($12.49) is served in a sourdough bread bowl. The version shown here is the kid’s meal which sells for $7.99 and is served with a Cuties Mandarin orange, applesauce, and choice small beverage. The mac is what you’d expect nice, warm, and creamy. Satisfying and predictable.
Baymax Bread ($11.99) is a freshly baked sourdough bread shaped like Baymax. It’s literally too cute to eat but if you decide to start noshing, you can expect the same trademark sourdough flavor and texture that is a hallmark of the Boudin brand. We really don’t recommend eating this as the legs and head will be dryer and not as tasty. You can also opt for a more edible Mickey-shaped version for $10.99 or a loaf or round of sourdough for $6.49.
Japanese-style Fluffy Cheesecake ($6.99) has light and airy texture and is served with a cherry topping. The dessert is servicable but not as light or fluffy as we would have hoped, it was a little denser and more bready than we were expecting.
Honey Lemon-Ade ($6.99) features Minute Maid lemonade zero sugar with yuzu puree, passion fruit and strawberry popping spheres. The fact that it’s Zero Sugar soda probably helps as it isn’t as sickly sweet as Disney mocktails tend to be and the popping spheres are always a fun treat. Still, we weren’t blown away by this one.
Specialty Caramel Cream Cold Brew ($6.79) features Joffrey’s Coffee caramel mudslide cold brew topped with house-made sea salt caramel whipped cream. This brand of coffee tends to be on the more bitter side but the whipped topping is very thick allowing you to mix in as much as you want to make the drink as sweet as you need it.
Below is the full menu including prices.
- Baymax Sipper ($19.79) includes choice of Fountain Beverage at time of purchase. Limit two (2) per person, per transaction. No discounts apply.
- Curry Beef ($12.49) – Beef, carrots, potatoes and onions cooked in classic curry topped with rice, pickled ginger and green onions.
- San Fransokyo Clam Chowder ($12.49) – Creamy clam chowder with bacon, potatoes and a hint of white miso.
- Creamy Mac & Cheese ($12.49) – Served in a sourdough bread bowl.
- Chilled Shrimp Soba Noodle Salad ($19.99) – Tofu, cabbage, edamame, carrots, roasted corn, scallions and cilantro topped with crispy shallots and sesame ginger dressing.
- Shrimp Katsu Sandwich ($14.99) – Panko-breaded shrimp patty on a potato bun with cabbage slaw, spicy mayo and katsu sauce, served with garlic chips.
- Turkey Pesto Club ($13.29) – Roasted turkey breast, pesto aioli, havarti, bacon, arugula and tomato on herb focaccia with potato chips.
- Plant-Based Soba Noodle Salad ($13.99) – Tofu, cabbage, edamame, carrots, roasted corn, scallions and cilantro topped with crispy shallots and sesame ginger dressing.
- Sourdough Baguette ($6.49) – Freshly baked sourdough baguette.
- Baymax Bread ($11.99) – Freshly baked sourdough bread shaped like Baymax.
- Sourdough Mickey ($10.99) – Freshly baked sourdough bread shaped like Mickey Mouse.
- Sourdough Loaf ($6.49) – Freshly baked sourdough loaf.
- Sourdough Round ($6.49) – Freshly baked sourdough round.
Kids’ Disney Check Meals
- Turkey Sandwich ($7.99) served with Cuties® Mandarin Orange, Applesauce, and choice of small DASANI® water or small Lowfat Milk
- Mac & Cheese ($7.99) served with Cuties® Mandarin Orange, Applesauce, and choice of small DASANI® water or small Lowfat Milk
- Steamed Rice ($4.19)
- Whole Fruit – Green Apple ($2.29)
- Cuties® Mandarin Orange ($1.99)
- LAY’S® Classic Potato Chips ($3.99)
- Japanese-style Fluffy Cheesecake ($6.99) – Japanese-style cheesecake with a light and airy texture.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie ($4.49) – Freshly baked chocolate chip cookie.
- Sugar Cookie ($4.49) – Freshly baked sugar cookie.
- Peach Soju Citrus Cocktail ($16.00) – Citrus beverage with peach-flavored soju.
- Firestone Walker Brewing Company, 805 (ABV 4.7%) ($12.00) – American pale ale brewed by Firestone Walker Brewing Company.
- Honey Lemon-Ade ($6.99) – Minute Maid® lemonade zero sugar with yuzu puree, passion fruit and strawberry popping spheres.
- Specialty Caramel Cream Cold Brew ($6.79) – Joffrey’s Coffee™ caramel mudslide cold brew topped with house-made sea salt caramel whipped cream.
- Assorted Fountain Beverages – Regular ($4.59) – Coca-Cola®, Diet Coke®, Sprite®, Fanta® Orange, Coca-Cola® Zero Sugar, Minute Maid® Zero Sugar Lemonade.
- Assorted Fountain Beverages – Large ($5.29) – Coca-Cola®, Diet Coke®, Sprite®, Fanta® Orange, Coca-Cola® Zero Sugar, Minute Maid® Zero Sugar Lemonade.
- DASANI® Bottled Water ($4.39)
- Minute Maid® Fruit Punch ($2.49)
- Lowfat Milk ($2.49)
- Chocolate Milk ($3.99)
- Hot Cocoa ($3.79)
Ready to Explore?
We’ve got your in-depth visitor’s guide to everything there is to explore at San Fransokyo Square, check out our guide pages below.
Quick Links: Meeting Baymax and Hiro | Aunt Cass Café | Lucky Fortune Cookery | Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill | Port of San Fransokyo Cervecería | Rita’s Turbine Blenders | San Fransokyo Maker’s Market | Collectible Medallions | Ghirardelli, Boudin, and other popular locations
See it for Yourself
Aunt Cass Café is now officially part of San Fransokyo Square which opened at Disney California Adventure on August 31, 2023.