For the uninitiated, the Virtual Queue process at Disneyland can be a little overwhelming and even a little confusing. Unfortunately, sometimes the Virtual Queue is the only way to enjoy a particular experience at Disneyland or Disney California Adventure but the good news is the process can be mostly painless if you know what you’re doing.
To help you prepare for a visit to the Happiest Place on Earth, here’s everything you need to know about securing a Disneyland Resort Virtual Queue.
HOW to Get a Virtual Queue
In order to secure a Virtual Queue at the Disneyland Resort, you must already have valid admission linked to your Disney account AND have a valid theme park reservation.
To grab your Virtual Queue Boarding Group:
- Open the Disneyland App and make sure you are signed in.
- From the Disneyland App home screen, you will see your theme park reservation. Make sure your tickets/admission are also linked.
- You must have already entered a Disney Park before you can secure a Virtual Queue.
- Ensure you are aware of when Virtual Queue enrollment begins for the experience you’re looking to secure.
- A minute before the Virtual Queue enrollment begins, open the Virtual Queue section in the app.
- Tap the “Join Boarding Group” button to be taken into the enrollment page.
- From here, begin refreshing. You can pull down on this page to refresh it. A blue “Join” button will appear right when enrollment starts. Tap it quickly — YOU ARE NOT FINISHED YET!
- You will be taken to a “Create Your Party” section. Quickly tap the “Join” button at the bottom of this screen. DO NOT hesitate on this screen. Reservations typically are gone very quickly. Tap to confirm your reservation, you can always fix it later if there are problems.
- If there are problems with your reservation party (maybe not everyone’s ticket showed up, for example) simply go to a Guest Relations kiosk or to City Hall/Chamber of Commerce and a Cast Member can help you address the issue. Keep in mind, you can always FIX a reservation but you have to have one to begin with!
- You’ll receive a push notification via the Disneyland App if/when your group is called to return. You can also check on your Virtual Queue Boarding Group status from the App at any point during the day.
Where is Virtual Queue Needed?
As of press time, Virtual Queue is needed for the following experiences:
MORE INFO: Everything to know about the 2022 return of WORLD OF COLOR and joining the virtual queue
See it for Yourself
Virtual Queue can only be accessed via the Disneyland App.