Knott’s Boysenberry Festival is back this weekend for the 2022 season and it’s bringing with it a significant jump in cost over the last time the full event was scheduled to run in 2020.
This year, the festival tasting card sees a $10 jump in price PLUS takes a 2-item reduction to six tastings which actually makes it a pound-for-pound lower value than Disneyland’s Food and Wine Sip & Savor Pass that will yield 8 tastings for just a few bucks more.
Still, the boysenberry offerings at Knott’s are a unique spin all their own and the park is still packing in a bunch of entertainment to round out the experience.
Inventive higlights this year include:
- Crab Sushi Roll with a Boysenberry Aioli
- Chicken Dumplings with a Boysenberry Wonton and a Teriyaki Dipping Sauce
- Boysenberry Horchata
- Chicken Cordon Bleu with a Boysenberry Cheese Sauce
- Trio of Sausage with Peppers and Onions on Boysenberry Polenta
- Spring Fling Salad with Shrimp and a Boysenberry Vinaigrette
- Boysenberry Filled Donut Open Faced Chicken Sandwich with an Aioli Drizzle
- Deconstructed Lemonade with Blackberries, Loganberries, and Red Raspberries
- Boysenberry Rocky Road Brownie
- Boysenberry Pie Bars
- Boysenberry Slushy Mudslide (alcoholic)
- Boysenberry Seltzer
- Prosecco with Hibiscus and Boysenberry
- Boysenberry Sweet Tea with Vodka
Savor and Save
The tasting card runs $50 this year, with a $5 Season Passholder discount. Get six tastings from a selection of 25 boysenberry-inspired dishes! Tasting cards are available at Knotts.com or at the theme park. You can see below previous years featured up to eight tastings!
Knott’s Boysenberry Festival offers a bunch of entertainment options for the festival goer:
- Snoopy’s Boysenberry Jamboree is back inviting guests to join Snoopy, Charlie Brown and the entire Peanuts Gang in a musical stage show sure to have families dancing and singing along at the Calico Mine Stage
- Bird Cage Theatre pays tribute to its past at with a special presentation of the brand-new comedy melodrama, Riverboat Revenge
- Boysenberry Fun and Games invite you to try your berry best in wildly entertaining activities including a Boysenberry Pie Eating Contest
- Old MacDonald’s Barn pays tribute to one of the farm’s original attractions featuring horses, sheep, goats and other furry friends
- Knott’s Totally Tubular 80’s Dance Party will have you traveling back to the ’80s as you dance the night away to the decade’s best song
- Boysenberry Blues trio trio conjures up some of the smoothest tunes performing at the Boardwalk BBQ patio
- Fireman’s BBQ will feature various musical duos with a selection of bluegrass and country tunes
- Mariachi Angelitas present a lively show filled with rich history and tradition in Fiesta Village
- History of the Boysenberry museum is dedicated to the berry that started it all
Over 75 unique boysenberry-inspired creations will be available including limited edition merchandise. This year’s new merchandise includes a selection of packaged food items perfect for take-home souvenirs like the new boysenberry microbrew BBQ sauce, boysenberry crème brulé coffee, boysenberry brownie cookies, boysenberry pepper bacon spread and boysenberry balsamic grilling glaze.
The Berry Market, located in the California Marketplace, also features signature boysenberry items like the refreshing boysenberry sarsaparilla and our classic jams and preserves. Unique boysenberry-inspired artisan products will also be available at the Boysenberry Festival Craft Fair returning with 30 local craft vendors. Each crafter features its own boysenberry-themed items.
See it for Yourself
Knott’s Boysenberry Festival runs daily at Knott’s Berry Farm from March 18 – April 24, 2022.