Since Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opened, Disney has been softly pushing the Play Disney parks app integration with the Star Wars: Datapad that works as your comm-link into the Galaxy far, far away.
As a bit of background, MouseInfo had the opportunity to be part of a short media tour of the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser which gave us the opportunity to have a small taste of the full 2-day excursion.
With the app installed on your smart device and connected to your Disney account, you unlock not just gameified features within the app but an entire Halcyon Star Line portal for your cruise that allows you an even deeper way to engage with characters and storylines on board. Below are some of the core features of the new integration.
- Events – Updates guest itineraries continuously, evolving with new invitations and secret meetings as guests interact with different characters and complete various missions
- Comms – Receive and send information relating to missions and adventures, which could impact how stories unfold during the voyage
- Map – Provides the layout of both the starcruiser and Black Spire Outpost on Batuu; passengers use these maps for navigation as they go on missions during their adventure
- Tools – Become active when a particular job calls for them, especially while on aplanetside excursion in Black Spire Outpost
- Profile – Shows passengers’ affiliations as they continue through the story
See it for Yourself
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser voyages begin March 1, 2022. Take a look at ALL our coverage at the link below.
MORE INFO: MouseInfo’s Coverage of Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser
DISCLOSURE: MouseInfo’s on-site coverage is provided courtesy of Disney. We were hosted with airfare, lodging, and select meals during the press preview in exchange for our honest thoughts. The press preview did not include overnight lodging at the Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser.