Disney Parks Blog announced this morning that the Main Street Electrical Parade will return to Disneyland on April 22, 2022, with an all-new finale unit celebrating over a dozen Disney and Pixar characters in a Mary Blair-inspired global setting.
The parade returns with a new celebratory 50th anniversary addition, the parade will glide through Disneyland with a magnificent new grand finale that celebrates the theme of togetherness in an all-new float. This universal theme is reflected in the creative concept of the grand finale sequence, drawing inspiration from the original design of classic “Main Street Electrical Parade” floats and Mary Blair’s iconic art style on “it’s a small world.”
- The finale also pays tribute to the parade’s heritage with the return of the Blue Fairy character from “Pinocchio” and a unique, 19-foot-tall representation of Sleeping Beauty Castle
- The seven-segment float stretches 118 feet in length and brings to life more than a dozen Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios films, making it one of the longest and grandest sequences in the parade’s history.
- Expect representations of beloved characters as animated dolls from classic and contemporary favorite stories such as “Encanto,” “The Jungle Book,” “Raya and the Last Dragon,” “Aladdin,” “Coco,” “Mulan,” “Brave,” “The Princess and the Frog” and more.
- Hercules, Merida, Miguel, Tiana, Moana, Mulan, Pocahontas, Anna, Elsa, Raya, Mowgli, Aladdin, Jasmine, Mirabel, and Antonio can all be seen in the concept art. Guests on either side of the street will see different scenes. The new float appears to be built on the same chassis as the finale it replaces.
- Expect the parade’s original opening narration to be altered as well as part of Disney’s ongoing inclusion efforts.
See it for Yourself
Main Street Electrical Parade returns to Disneyland on April 22, 2022.