D23 Expo 2022 is ready to burst onto the scene this fall in Anaheim, CA and this morning D23 magic-maker Jeffrey R. Epstein revealed some of the new and exciting details about what to expect for the return of the popular fan event!
With a vibrant new look, big surprises, and the official kickoff of the Disney100 celebration, this D23 Expo promises to be one the most momentous yet!
Tickets and Presale
REQUIRED: All guests must be members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club (either at the complimentary General Member level or at the Gold Member level) to purchase tickets.
WHEN: Tickets go on sale January 20, 2022, at noon PT.
PRE-SALE: Visa cardholders who pay with their Visa will have pre-sale access to a limited number of one-day and three-day tickets beginning January 19, 2022, at 10 a.m. PT, while supplies last.
- $279 three-day adult admission
- D23 Gold Member price: $229
- $209 three-day child (Age 3-12)
- $99 one-day adult admission
- D23 Gold Member price: $89
- $79 one-day child (Age 3-12)
BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE: Discounted hotel and Disneyland Resort park tickets are available to all D23 Expo ticket purchasers.
Although the popular and super exclusive Sorcerer package will not be returning, there will be a limited number of Hall D23 Preferred Seating tickets available for $899.
This special upgraded ticket includes admission for all three days of the D23 Expo 2022 and a reserved seating section for all Hall D23 presentations. This option is be available exclusively to D23 Gold Members.
MORE INFO: Full details on 3-Day Ticket with Hall D23 Preferred Seating
D23 Gold Member Perks
D23 Gold Members will enjoy special benefits at the Expo including:
- On-site discounts from select retail locations
- A complimentary gift
- Access to D23 Ultimate Fan Lounge presented by Amazon on the show floor
- Charter Member Lounge will also return for members who have been active since the club first debuted in 2009
What to Expect
D23 Expo 2022 celebrates the magic and excitement of Disney entertainment past, present, and future and kicking off Disney100, the centennial celebration of The Walt Disney Company.
D23 Expo 2022 will feature more than 50 shows, presentations, and panels, including:
- Disney Legends Awards Ceremony which honors the talented individuals who have made significant contributions to the Disney legacy
- Walt Disney Archives return with an all-new exhibit highlighting the 100th anniversary of Disney
- Mousequerade costume contest will return, hosted by Nina West and featuring a star-studded panel of judges including Yvette Nicole Brown (Big Shot, Disenchanted), Ashley Eckstein (voice of Ahsoka Tano and creator of Her Universe), and Ally Maki (Toy Story 4, Home Sweet Home Alone).
- The contest will feature new categories including “Off the Screen,” “Imagine That!,” “Magical Mashups,” and “Cast of Characters,” as well as a fan-favorite award voted on by the audience and a “Best in Show” prize of $2,300. Complete rules for entry and details are available at D23Expo.com.
Walt’s Plane Restored
Walt Disney’s Grumman Gulfstream I company airplane is being restored in coordination with D23, Walt Disney Archives, and D23 Expo Platinum sponsor Amazon.
The aircraft is currently housed backstage at Walt Disney World Resort and will be transported to Anaheim. The iconic aircraft was seen for years as part of the Studio Backlot Tour at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and will be on display at D23 Expo 2022 for guests to see in an exhibit called Mickey Mouse One: Walt’s Plane presented by Amazon.
Venues and D23 Expo Live! Streaming
The Show Floor will return with a multitude of experiences including appearances by Disney stars, characters, Imagineers, animators, and filmmakers. On the main show floor, the D23 Expo Live! Stage will feature performances, appearances, demonstrations, and more all weekend long, many of which will be livestreamed to guests at home.
Shopping Opportunities abound, many featuring D23 Expo-exclusive collectibles plus an assortment of Disney and partner pop-up shops including the D23 Expo Emporium.
Venues include the 7,000-seat Hall D23 and the 1,200-seat Backlot Stage, plus plus a new 3,000-seat Premiere Stage and an expanded 700-seat Walt Disney Archives Stage for more presentations curated by the staff of the Archives.
The popular StagePass will once again return in the D23 Expo mobile app. This year, selections will be made randomly and take place prior to the beginning of the D23 Expo. Details including dates are yet to be announced.
See it for Yourself
D23 Expo 2022 takes place in Anaheim, CA from September 9 – 11, 2022.
MORE INFO: For more information on tickets, ticket prices, and D23 Expo, visit D23Expo.com