Universal’s Mardi Gras 2022 kicks off Saturday, February 5, 2022 with a return of fan-favorite concert series featuring Diana Ross, Khalid, Marshmello and more. Plus the popular food fest returns along with a whole roster of entertainment.
Concert Series & Live Music
All concerts will take place at the Music Plaza stage – an electrifying outdoor venue inspired by the iconic Hollywood Bowl, set against the backdrop of the towering Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit roller coaster. Plus, brass bands straight from Bourbon Street will perform daily throughout the park, bringing the soulful sounds of New Orleans to the heart of Universal Studios.
Here’s the full line up:
- February 5: Sugar Ray
- February 12: Diana Ross
- February 19: Barenaked Ladies
- February 20: Styx
- February 26: Jon Pardi
- March 5: LL COOL J feat. DJ Z-Trip
- March 6: Marshmello
- March 12: Lee Brice
- March 13: Becky G
- March 18: Khalid
- March 19: Seal
- March 20: Gavin DeGraw
- March 25: The Revivalists
- March 26: Jimmie Allen
- March 27: Jason Derulo
Universal’s award-winning chefs will spice up this year’s Mardi Gras celebration with an array of delicious culinary delicacies inspired by various locations around the globe.
- Enjoy Crawfish Boil and melt-in-your-mouth Beignets from New Orleans, Coconut Curry Shrimp Laksa (a sweet and spicy noodle soup) from Southeast Asia, Vegan Samosa with spicy green chutney from India, and Salchipapas (a popular street food made with sausage and potatoes) from Central America. The best way to experience these flavors and much more is with the specialty “Mardi Gras Food and Beverage” card, which will be available for purchase in park during the event.
- Mardi Gras-inspired cuisine will also be featured at select Universal CityWalk venues during the run of the event, including Toothsome Chocolate Emporium and Savory Feast Kitchen, Pat O’Brien’s and Voodoo Doughnut. Universal Orlando’s hotels are also joining the fun with special menu offerings at each resort, including New Orleans BBQ Shrimp & Dirty Rice at Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn and Suites & Dockside Inn and Suites; Chicken, Andouille & Shrimp Jambalaya at Universal’s Aventura Hotel; King Cake Pancakes at Loews Royal Pacific Resort and Shrimp Po’ Boys at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort.
Planet Mardi Gras Parade
- This year’s original parade theme, “Planet Mardi Gras,” comes to life in six detailed floats that fuse Mardi Gras flare with cosmic-inspired elements like comets, rockets, martians and more – inviting guests to catch beads by the handful
- These new floats will join Universal’s traditional lineup of New Orleans-inspired floats – such as the iconic Jester and nearly 50-foot long King Gator – and wind through the streets of Universal Studios Florida on select dates
- Enjoy high-energy music and dozens of performers donning illuminating costumes that bring the party to “light” in a whole new way
Guests can take home a piece of Florida’s Biggest Party at the Mardi Gras Tribute Store, returning this year with an all-new theme, Float Factory Warehouse.
- Upon entering, guests will venture through four highly themed rooms designed to visually depict the creative process of bringing a parade float to life.
- As guests browse the latest Mardi Gras gear and themed treats within the retail space, they’ll see everything from pencil sketches and scale models to parade décor and an actual, full-size Mardi Gras float.
See it for Yourself
Universal’s Mardi Gras 2022 is included with admission to Universal Studios Florida daily February 5 through April 24 , 2022.
For more information and to book special offers, visit www.UniversalOrlando.com.