INDIANA JONES ADVENTURE introduced a new Virtual Queue at Disneyland this week and while you might be familiar with how it works for STAR WARS: RISE OF THE RESISTANCE (including its new double-enrollment periods), the processes are not exactly the same.
The process isn’t entirely different. You still…
- Need a valid ticket AND theme park reservation
- Use the Disneyland App to secure your Boarding Group
- Have one person make a Boarding Group for the whole party. (Tickets must be linked together in the app)
Here’s what the process looks like from your mobile phone in the Disneyland app.
- There’s only ONE enrollment time (not two like for STAR WARS: RISE OF THE RESISTANCE)
- Enrollment time begins at park opening
- You cannot secure a boarding group until you’ve entered Disneyland
More to Know
A few other important details about INDIANA JONES ADVENTURE Boarding Groups…
- If you didn’t get a Boarding Group but want to ride, keep checking the app! Although there’s not a regular standby queue, we have noticed on some occasions that the app will indicate to check at the attraction for standby availability.
- Boarding Groups do not book up in seconds like they do for STAR WARS: RISE OF THE RESISTANCE. We noticed on Saturday May 15 it took about 2-hours before Boading Group enrollment closed for INDIANA JONES ADVENTURE.
- You CAN have a Virtual Queue for both STAR WARS: RISE OF THE RESISTANCE and INDIANA JONES ADVENTURE at the same time.
- A Virtual Queue Boarding Group does not guarantee the ability to experience an attraction as circumstances such as technical difficulties or unexpected closure may prevent this from happening.
It’s unclear if Disney intends to keep the Virtual Queue service for INDIANA JONES ADVENTURE once health and safety restrictions are eased up or lifted although there has been speculation that the technology will play a much larger role in Disneyland’s not too distant future either as a permanent fixture or as a for-pay add-on.