More and more details begin to emerge as Disneyland begins the process of reopening its parks. As part of the return to normalcy at the Happiest Place on Earth, the popular STAR WARS: RISE OF THE RESISTANCE attraction at STAR WARS: GALAXY’S EDGE in Disneyland will continue operating with a Virtual Queue however, there will be notable changes to the process.
New for Disneyland’s attraction, distribution times for Virtual Queue enrollment will now be be done TWICE daily (one before park opening and one later in the day).
EDITOR’S NOTE 4/21: This post was modified to add specific details with regards to timing.
WHEN To Get a Virtual Queue Boarding Group
As a reminder, the attraction’s Virtual Queue is only accessible via the Disneyland mobile app, and you may only experience the attraction by joining the Virtual Queue. There are two distribution times to secure your spot:
- 7 AM: Requests to join the virtual queue at begin at 7:00 AM (prior to park entry). Guests will need to have their park tickets linked to their Disney account AND have a valid theme park reservation to Disneyland park.
- 12 PM: Requests to join the second distribution of the Virtual Queue begin at 12:00 PM. Guests must have a valid ticket AND theme park reservation PLUS they must have entered either Disneyland park OR Disney California Adventure park (with a Park Hopper ticket) by the second distribution time. Guests beginning their day at Disney California Adventure Park may then enter Disneyland park with their Park Hopper ticket after 1 p.m. for their Boarding Group.
HOW to Get a Virtual Queue Boarding Group
In order to secure a Boarding Group number in the Virtual Queue for STAR WARS: RISE OF THE RESISTANCE, park tickets already linked to your Disney account AND have a valid theme park reservation as outlined above.
To grab your Virtual Queue Boarding Group:
- Open the Disneyland App and make sure you are signed in.
- From the Disneyland App home screen, you will see your theme park reservation. Make sure your tickets are also linked.
- A minute before the Virtual Queue enrollment begins (see details above), open the Virtual Queue section in the app.
- Tap the “Join Boarding Group” button to be taken into the enrollment page.
- You can pull down on this page to refresh it. A blue “Join” button will appear for each attraction listed right when enrollment starts. Tap it quickly — YOU ARE NOT FINISHED YET!
- You will be taken to a “Create Your Party” section. Quickly tap the “Join” button at the bottom of this screen. DO NOT hesitate on this screen. Tap quickly to confirm your reservation. You can always fix it later. Reservations typically are gone within the first minute of enrollment start.
- If there are issues with your reservation party (maybe not everyone’s ticket showed up, for example) simply to go to a Guest Relations kiosk or to City Hall and a Cast Member can help you address the issue. Keep in mind, you can always FIX a reservation but you have to have one to begin with!
- You’ll receive a push notification via the Disneyland App if/when your group is called to return. You’ll have up to an hour from the time of the alert to go to the attraction entrance. You can also check on your Virtual Queue Boarding Group status from the App at any point during the day.
More to Explore
On the subject of returning to Batuu, Disney also confirmed that characters within the land will be encountered just a little differently than before to ensure physical distancing.
- Rey, Chewbacca and Vi Moradi may be spotted above the speeder garage at Black Spire Station
- Stormtroopers and Kylo Ren will be seen patrolling the platform where a TIE Echelon starfighter looms
See it for Yourself
Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park officially open on April 30, 2021!
There’s a lot of new protocols in place for the Disneyland reopening but we have you covered with a helpful assortment of links with tips, tricks and must-know details if you are planning to make your own visit to the Happiest Place on Earth!
MORE INFO: WHAT TO EXPECT: A recap of everything you need to know about returning to the Disneyland Resort
Are you visiting Disneyland during its grand opening period? Let us know in the comments about your experience!