After taking us on a Disney nostalgia time warp this summer, Van Eaton Galleries is back again with a whole new auction chock full of mementos, ephemera and memorabilia that will send fans of the Mouse reeling. Their latest exhibit and auction is called WALT DISNEY: THE MAN, THE STUDIO, AND THE PARKS.
The Sherman Oaks based auction house specializes in Disney memorabilia and animation, and is a recognized authority on all things Disney and they’re once again welcoming fans and collectors to get their own piece of Disney history. Highlights of this collection include early personal letters to and from Walt Disney, scrapbook drawings, pre-Technicolor film artifacts, theme park memorabilia, rare props, scripts, documents, costumes, and more.
All photo credits on this page, Van Eaton Galleries.
About the Collection
- Walt Disney Hand-Drawn Mickey Mouse Sketch and Signature (Estimate: $5,000-$7,000)
- A Snow White Panoramic Cel on Production Background (Disney, 1937) depicting all Seven Dwarfs (Estimate: $25,000-$30,000)
- An original Pinocchio Production Cel and Background (Estimate: $15,000-$20,000)
- An Original Donald Duck Painting from Disneyland TV Show (Estimate: $2,000-$4,000)
- An Eyvind Earle Lady and The Tramp Concept Painting (Estimate: $10,000-$12,000)
- A Walt Disney Signed Guest Book (1957) with Disneyland address (Estimate: $4,000-$6,000)
- A Walt Disney Hand-Written U.S. Navy Project Rejection (Estimate: $3,000-$5,000)
- An Original Tron Storyboard Panel (Estimate: $600-$800)
- A Disney Channel Satellite Mickey Mouse Prop (Estimate: $3,000-$5,000)
- An extremely rare hand-numbered Ward Kimball Grizzly Flats Railroad Ticket (Estimate: $300-$500)
- A Walt Disney Personally Built Lilly Belle Train Stove from the 1950s (Estimate: $3,000-$5,000)
- A Walt Disney’s Carolwood Pacific Railroad Plot Plan and Track Layout with photographs (Estimate: $15,000-$20,000)
- Walt Disney’s Lilly Belle Locomotive Design Artwork (Estimate: $20,000-$25,000)
- Walt Disney’s Carolwood Pacific Railroad (Disney 1949-1953) Track Section (Estimate: $15,000-$17,000)
Other highlights include…
- An Original “Mickey Mouse Park” Disneyland Design (Estimate: $20,000-$25,000)
- A White Disneyland Opening Day 1955 Press Preview Ticket (Estimate: $3,000-$5,000)
- A 1955 Your Trip to Disneyland on Records Mattel Musical Map (Estimate: $300-$500)
- A Splash Mountain Attraction Vehicle Concept Model (Estimate: $4,000-$6,000)
- Roy E. Disney’s Club 33 Family Membership Cards (Estimate: $5,000-$8,000)
- An Early Club 33 Cast Member Jacket (Estimate: $500-$700)
- Haunted Mansion Female and Male Cast Member Costumes (Estimates for each is $800-$1,200)
- An extremely rare 1955 Complete Mickey Mouse Club Circus Admission Ticket (Estimate: $1,000-$1,500)
- Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride Devil Prop (Estimate: $6,000-$8,000)
- Captain EO Supreme Leader Makeup Test Head (Estimate: $2,000-$5,000)
- Carousel of Progress Kitchen Table and Chairs (Estimate: $10,000-$20,000)
- A Walt Disney World Master Plan and Aerial (Estimate: $1,000-$1,500)
For more information or to view the complete collectible catalog visit www.vegalleries.com/waltdisney
See it for Yourself
Free Public Exhibition
By reservation only to ensure social distancing measures.
- Tuesdays Through Saturdays 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Sundays 12N-4:00 p.m. PT
Live Online Auction
The live auction will allow bidders to participate by phone or online.
- Saturday, December 5th, 2020
- 10:00 A.M. Pacific Time
Van Eaton Galleries are located at 13613 Ventura Blvd, Sherman Oaks, California 91423.
To register to bid in the auction go to www.vegalleries.com/waltdisney