After yesterday assuring the Annual Passholder community that they were seeking solutions to reopen, the Disneyland Resort confirmed today that starting in November, the Buena Vista Street area of Disney California Adventure will be reopening as “part” of Downtown Disney.
Since reopening, Downtown Disney has been in severe need of capacity — earlier this month they opened up Stage 17 at Disney California Adventure for additional retail space. This latest move aims to add even more retail capacity to a shopping center that still boasts waits up to an hour or more just to enter Disney retail locations.
When Buena Vista Street does open its gates, shoppers will find a familiar assortment of retail and dining options.
- Carthay Circle Lounge, where you can unwind in our expanded outdoor seating area featuring an all-new menu of cocktails and dining.
- Smokejumpers Grill is serving up tasty American classics for lunch and dinner with a streamlined menu of burgers, fries, onion rings and craft beer, located just around the corner from Buena Vista Street. The primary way to place your order at this dining location is through mobile order on the Disneyland App.
- Trolley Treats offers classic candies, old-fashioned confections and all kinds of freshly made treats. Vending carts will offer popcorn, churros, ice cream and other “must-bite” treats.
- Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe lets you enjoy enchanting sights and sounds of Buena Vista Street—and a cup of coffee or scrumptious artisan sandwich.
- Elias & Co. is divided into distinct sections for men, women and children, so you’ll find something special for the entire family!
- Julius Katz & Sons, offers more holiday merchandise and Disney-themed home décor.
- Kingswell Camera Shop offers great gift-giving ideas like frames, photo albums and more. Buena Vista Street stores have a variety of your Disney favorites!
As a reminder, only the shopping and dining experiences along Buena Vista Street will be accessible from the Downtown Disney District at this time, as Disney California Adventure park is currently closed.
Other theme parks around California have undertaken similar opportunities to find creative ways to reopen their gates. Knott’s Berry Farm has been offering various food festivals since the summer which see the park running its shops and dining spaces in conjunction with state health guidelines but no attractions. SeaWorld San Diego and other theme parks have also been running similar seasonal and temporary solutions that remain within state mandates.
See it for Yourself
An exact date has not yet been announced beyond “November.”