In the THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG, Tiana shares a special gift of cooking with her father. Now with Tiana’s recipe of Jammin’ Jambalaya, you too can have share those warm feelings with this spicy Southern favorite!
EDITOR’S NOTE: Please be aware the content on this page is re-posted from 2010 so details and information may no longer be accurate.
This recipe comes from The Princess and the Frog: Tiana’s Cookbook: Recipes for Kids and can be found on pages 26-27.
Recipe makes 6 to 8 servings.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into *1-inch chunks
- 1/2 pound Andouille sausage, cooked and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large celery stalks, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup canned chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or pot over medium-high heat. Sauté the chicken until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Stir in the sausage, onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic. Sprinkle on the salt and ground black pepper, and stir again. Cook the mixture for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and the uncooked rice. Then stir in the chicken broth. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover the pan. Simmer the jambalaya until the rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Stir in the Worcestershire and hot pepper sauces.
This recipe is inspired by The Princess and the Frog on Disney Blu-ray and DVD March 16, 2010!
MouseInfo.com has been around since May 2000 and in that time the web space has evolved dramatically. From our MouseInfo MIBOARDS forums to our info wiki and everything inbetween, there’s been A LOT of change over the years. What has always remained consistent, however, is that we constantly strive to deliver you the best info about the mouse. The #MIrewind series is our attempt to bring back some of our best and favorite content posted over the years that’s been lost as we’ve continued to evolve and grow our website.
Reprinted with permission from the book The Princess and the Frog: Tiana’s Cookbook: Recipes for Kids Copyright © 2009 Disney Enterprises, Inc. Published by Disney Press, an imprint of Disney Book Group.