A popular standby at the Carnation Cafe in Disneyland Park is the the “Oscar Special” which includes scrambled eggs and Oscar’s potatoes. Named after Oscar Martinez, the longest tenured Cast Member at Disneyland, this simple recipe will add a bit of Disney magic to your breakfast.
EDITOR’S NOTE: Please be aware the content on this page is re-posted from 2010 so details and information may no longer be accurate.
Recipe makes 4 to 6 servings.
- 1 large white onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 pounds red potatoes, thinly sliced
- Coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Sauté onions in 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat until translucent; remove from pan and set aside. In the same pan, add remaining butter and potatoes and sauté until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the onions and potatoes in an ovenproof casserole dish; cover with foil and make small slits for ventilation. Bake 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Serve hot.
MouseInfo.com has been around since May 2000 and in that time the web space has evolved dramatically. From our MouseInfo MIBOARDS forums to our info wiki and everything inbetween, there’s been A LOT of change over the years. What has always remained consistent, however, is that we constantly strive to deliver you the best info about the mouse. The #MIrewind series is our attempt to bring back some of our best and favorite content posted over the years that’s been lost as we’ve continued to evolve and grow our website.