Disneyland finally confirmed exact details for the “boarding process” that will be used for the grand opening of the upcoming STAR WARS: RISE OF THE RESISTANCE attraction coming to Disneyland’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. For those who joined last year for Virtual Queues when the land opened, the process for the new ride should be familiar.
Here’s everything to know about boarding the new STAR WARS: RISE OF THE RESISTANCE at Disneyland’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
How to Join the Virtual Queue
As needed, a virtual queue will be utilized for STAR WARS: RISE OF THE RESISTANCE. That means less busy days might just be first-come first-serve in the attraction’s regular queue.
When Virtual Queue IS utilized, here’s what you need to do.
With a Mobile Device
- Download the Disneyland app which will have a dedicated module to coordinate virtual queues which assign you to Boarding Groups.
- Request to Join a boarding group to ride the attraction once you have entered Disneyland park. The boarding group is tied to admission that will be scanned upon entry of the attraction.
- Boarding Groups will be sent a push notification in the app when it is their turn to enter the attraction queue AND you can also monitor Boarding Group status via in-park signage.
Without a Mobile Device
If you prefer going analog and don’t want to use the Disneyland App or a mobile device (smart thinking, it’s harder for the First Order to track you that way), simply visit a FastPass service location to get your Boarding Group Number.
We suspect the following locations below that were used last year will also be available this year. It’s best to check with a Cast Member when you get into the park to be sure.
- Haunted Mansion
- Indiana Jones Adventure
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Matterhorn Bobsleds
Know Before You Go
- You can only join a Boarding Group once you have entered Disneyland Park.
- The virtual queue will not be available until published park opening hours. You will be able to join one boarding group per day.
- Admission into STAR WARS: RISE OF THE RESISTANCE will be subject to capacity, and having an assigned boarding group will not guarantee entrance to the attraction.
- Disneyland Resort costume policy is in effect. While costumes may not be worn by guests 14 years of age or older, appropriate bounding—dressing in outfits inspired by Star Wars—is permitted.
Get a Sneak Peek
We have pictures below, courtesy of Disney from when the attraction opened last year at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Enjoy but do know that spoilers abound!
*Message, data and roaming rates may apply. Availability subject to handset limitations, and features may vary by handset, service provider or otherwise. Coverage and app stores not available everywhere. If you’re under 18, get your parents’ permission first. Some features require separate theme park admission
See it for Yourself
STAR WARS: RISE OF THE RESISTANCE officially opens in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland on January 17, 2020. It’s already open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!
If you are looking for a way to help support the site so we can continue to bring you more info about the mouse, feel free to browse our TeePublic Store! Aside from tees, you can also find coffee mugs, phone & laptop cases, and more!
Find more designs at our store: mouseinfo.com/tees.