In celebration of the 40th anniversary of the “Mickey Mouse Disco” album (recently re-released on picture disc) D23 hosted the totally tubular Mickey Mouse’s Disco Party at the Moonlight Rollerway in Glendale. The evening featured a host of surprises including Mickey and Minnie Mouse who shook a tail feather with a fun choreographed routine…. on skates! Meanwhile, roller rink favorite tunes were played all night and roller rink favorite bites and sips were served.
We were so glad to be invited to cover! Here’s a look at the events goings on. ENJOY!
Mickey and Minnie were the special guests of the evening and they were dressed in their 1970s best to take pictures and greet fans. Their fun and funky duds were comfy enough for them to let loose on the dance floor!
Her Universe’s Ashley Eckstein was also at the party along with voice of Mickey Mouse, Bret Iwan! Both mixed and mingled during the party greeting fans and posting for photos. This image is © Disney. All rights reserved.
You can’t get these two mice near a dance floor and not expect them to boogie on down!
Throughout the evening, the roller rink was open for everyone with songs from “Mickey Mouse Disco” as well as the best disco favorites. You might think you don’t like disco music until you realize just how many of the indelible songs you’ll catch yourself singing along to!
Roller rink favorites including pizza, corn dog nuggets, and tater tots were available for the noshing plus a hosted bar that offered wine, beer and the disco daiquiris!
At the end of the night, we were all given our own copy of the re-issue vinyl of Mickey Mouse Disco. During the party, guests were also allowed to supplement their disco outfits with either a rainbow bow tie or sparkly silver pair of ears!
More Disco Dancing
But Wait, There’s More!
Dozens of events have been planned this year and there’s still plenty more in store including:
- JUNE 22: The Official Walt Disney Studios Tour—Presented by D23, Burbank, Calif.
- JULY 20: D23 Member Mixer celebrating 90 years of Marvel Comics, San Diego, Calif.
- AUG 23-25: D23 Expo 2019, Anaheim, Calif.
- SEPT 21: D23’s Magical Screening Series: Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Walt Disney World Resort
- SEPT 28: D23’s Magical Screening Series: Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Burbank, Calif.
- OCT: Lunch with a Disney Legend: Legend and location TBA
- OCT 21: Sip & Stroll, Walt Disney World Resort
- OCT 26: D23 Heads to the Hollow, Sleepy Hollow, N.Y.
- NOV 9: The Official Walt Disney Studios Tour—Presented by D23, Burbank, Calif.
- NOV 16: D23’s Magical Screening Series: Up, Walt Disney World Resort
- NOV 23: D23’s Magical Screening Series: Up, Burbank, Calif.
- DEC: D23 Holiday Event at Walt Disney World Resort
- DEC: Light Up the Season with D23, Burbank, Calif.