This year, the Disneyland Resort is being haunted by the Headless Horseman during its regular Mickey’s Halloween Party events. Plus, the general Halloween Time season returns this year with several fan favorites and lasts from September 9 through October 31, 2016.
There’s also been several confirmations as to what’s going on the rest of the year with regards to Tower of Terror, fireworks, and more.
For the general Halloween Time season, Disney confirmed the availability of the The Twilight Zone™ Tower of Terror which may put to rest some worries that the attraction would close after Labor Day to make way for the new Guardians of the Galaxy attraction makeover.
With the #Disneyland60 ending after Labor Day, Disney has also confirmed that the “Fantasy in the Sky” fireworks spectacular will return on select, non-Halloween Party nights. In addition, the electric “Mickey’s Soundsational Parade” will march down Main Street, U.S.A., each day throughout Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort.
There was also some concern that Hyperspace Mountain would stay through the Halloween season but it’s been confirmed that the Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy layover will also be returning this year.
In Frontierland, the traditional Dia de los Muertos is observed through Tuesday, Nov. 1, with a holiday skeleton display in the plaza near the entrance of Rancho del Zocalo.
Mickey’s Halloween Party
The highlight for this year is certainly the Headless Horseman. The fan favorite from The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad will terrify guests on his black steed at the start of the character cavalcade which will occur during each of the 17 event nights.
Along with the popular “Halloween Screams” fireworks spectacular, it should promise to be a fun if not mostly familiar Mickey’s Halloween Party event season. Highlights of Mickey’s Halloween Party, a separate-ticket event, include:
- Entry to Disneyland Park before the party is included with a Mickey’s Halloween Party ticket. Guests have the opportunity to play in Disneyland park for three hours before the party starts, and then go trick or treating – for candy and healthy treats – in the ultimate Disney neighborhood.
- The “Halloween Screams” fireworks spectacular, presented exclusively for guests of Mickey’s Halloween Party, is hosted by “Master of Scare-omonies” Jack Skellington.
- Party guests will rock out at Tomorrowland Terrace in a family-friendly dance party.
- Guests can “Party Like a Villain” as Disney villains appear in select locations for photos and character greetings. Mickey Mouse and his pals will appear as well, dressed in their Halloween costumes.
- Enhancing the eerie atmosphere along Main Street, U.S.A., animated Halloween images – ghosts, bats, pumpkins and skeletons – appear and disappear mysteriously on the facades of buildings throughout the evening.
- The ghoulish Cadaver Dans quartet performs Halloween tunes aboard a drifting graveyard-themed raft, on the fog-filled Rivers of America in New Orleans Square and Frontierland.
- Nearly all the favorite Disneyland rides and attractions, plus Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy, will be open to party guests.
Tickets for Mickey’s Halloween Party go on sale for Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club members and Disney Visa card holders on Thursday, July 21. General public ticket sales begin Thursday, July 28.
Tickets purchased on the day of the event are $89 each. All tickets to Mickey’s Halloween Party on Saturday, Oct. 29, and Monday, Oct. 31, are $99 each. Visit Disneyland.com/party for more details.
Guests may check for availability for the 17 nights: Friday, Sept. 23; Monday, Sept. 26, Wednesday, Sept. 28; Friday, Sept. 30; Monday, Oct. 3; Wednesday, Oct. 5; Friday, Oct. 7; Monday, Oct. 10; Wednesday, Oct. 12; Friday, Oct. 14; Monday, Oct. 17; Wednesday, Oct. 19; Friday, Oct. 21; Monday, Oct. 24; Wednesday, Oct. 26; Saturday, Oct. 29; and Monday, Oct. 31, Halloween night.
Online and mobile purchases are not available the day of the event. Parking is not included in the ticket price, and parking fees will apply.