For the month of February, Disneyland will add to its year-round Celebrate Soulfully event in celebration of of Black History Month. The highlight for the month will be the return of the Celebrate Gospel concert event plus a host of offerings in Downtown Disney and around the Disneyland Resort.
Returns to Disneyland, February 18 and 25, from 2:30 – 7:00 p.m. PT
For more than a decade, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed a joyful noise with their Celebrate Gospel event and it returns again this year to the Fantasyland Theatre at Disneyland!
- This powerful tribute to Gospel music showcases uplifting performances by award-winning Gospel music stars, recording artists and community choirs – each sharing their own distinctive style.
- Recording artist Jekalyn Carr takes the stage on Feb. 18, with special guest, singer-songwriter Melvin Crispell, III, and a cappella group Sacred Groove.
- On both Saturdays, you can admire the amazing talents of community choirs from across Southern California.
- On Feb. 25, GRAMMY® Award-winning singer and radio host Erica Campbell, along with special guest DOE and powerhouse vocal ensemble The Singers of Soul will feature.
- Special food offerings will be added in addition to its year-round African-inspired menu items including a special honey-glazed fried chicken bowl and red velvet Bundt cake.
More to Explore for Black History Month
During the month of February, Downtown Disney will offer family crafts, live music and special offerings in honor of Black History Month.
- A new Fredrick Douglass video presentation is being added to the Disneyland Main Street Opera House. (MORE INFO)
- MOON GIRL AND DEVIL DINOSAUR character appearances are coming to Disney California Adventure for a limited time. (MORE INFO)
- Restaurants at the Disneyland Resort will celebrate Black History Month with limited-time menu items that are sure to feed the soul.
- Wings ‘N Waffles is a black-owned food truck that will serve up delicious sandwiches, plates and more near the building adjacent to Star Wars Trading Post in the Downtown Disney District from February 9 through March 5, 2023.
- Evening entertainment including live musical performances highlighting genres such as R&B, Reggae, Funk, Motown, Jazz, Doo-Wop and Gospel at the Downtown Disney LIVE! stage. Expect live bands nightly with scheduled acts including LALA Brass, Forward Motion Band, The Rhythm & Blues Brothas and others. On select weekend days, the festivities start in the afternoon with inspiring Gospel music performances by Sacred Groove and The Singers of Soul.
- The Mood Indigo Group will fill the Great Hall of Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa with beautiful and energetic live Jazz each evening in February.
- Special activities at the Disneyland Hotel allow overnight guests to paint an animation cel, with artwork of Princess Tiana from Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “The Princess and the Frog.”
- Lovepop will feature two cards designed in collaboration with talented artist Anthony Conley for Black History Month. Artists Ryan Riller and Larissa Marantz will be featured in artist showcases and signings from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. PT at Disneyana in Disneyland park on Feb. 25 and the WonderGround Gallery pop-up location in the Downtown Disney District on Feb. 26.
See it for Yourself
Disney’s Celebrate Soulfully year-round event will feature limited time offerings for Black History month throughout the month of February 2023.
Celebrate Gospel returns to Disneyland park on February 18 and 25, 2023.