After months of speculation following the closure of Tarzan’s Treehouse and the confirmation that a new theme was coming, DIsneyland revealed today that the Adventureland Treehouse retheme will be inspired by it original namesake, the Swiss Family Robinson. Many had expected a retheme centered around ENCANTO to be a natural fit.
Adventureland Treehouse Details
Paying tribute to the original treehouse that Walt Disney and his Imagineers built in 1962 the new name for the iconic attraction will be Adventureland Treehouse inspired by Walt Disney’s Swiss Family Robinson.
- At the entrance… guests will once again enter by the giant waterwheel and follow the wood rope stairways up, up, up into the boughs
- In the tree… you will find fascinating rooms that the family in this new story created for one another. All things are fashioned from found objects, natural resources, and pure ingenuity.
- Mother’s music den (shown here)
- The young sons’ nature room
- Teenage daughter’s astronomer’s loft
- On the ground…
- The bottom floor will showcase an ingenious kitchen and dining room
- Father’s art studio displays hand-drawn sketches and paintings of each of the rooms
See it for Yourself
Adventureland Treehouse inspired by Walt Disney’s Swiss Family Robinson opens at Disneyland in 2023. An official opening date has not yet been announced.