After a long bout of will they or won’t they, Disney finally announced the reopening date for Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon; making its splashy return January 2, 2022.
The park’s reopening will mark the return of favorite attractions and the debut of new menu items and other commemorative culinary features.
Although differences in operations can be expected upon its return, Disney did confirm some core favorites making a return including:
- Typhoon Lagoon Surf Pool, America’s largest outdoor wave pool where guests can “hang 10’’ while bodying surfing on the perfect wave every time.
- Miss Adventure Falls, a fast-paced family raft attraction created, as the story goes, when Captain Mary Oceaneer – a seafaring treasure hunter – got her haul caught years ago in a rogue typhoon, scattering her treasure across this tropical paradise.
- Crush ‘n’ Gusher, a thrilling water coaster featuring three 400-foot-long tube slides named for the various fruits they once transported.
- Castaway Creek, a scenic lazy river encircling the entire water park, offering gentle passage past shady grottoes, gushing waterfalls, overhead rope bridges and lush rainforest landscapes.
- Humunga Kowabunga, offering a choice of three adrenaline-filled body slides set against the steep inclines of Mount Mayday.
Surf Programs Restart
The Typhoon Lagoon Surf Pool uses state-of-the-art technology to create the perfectly controlled wave each time, including right, left or center peaks.
- Learn to Surf – Ideal for all skill levels, surf lessons offer guests the chance to learn to surf during group lessons with a certified surf instructor.
- Private Surf Bookings – Guests can host their own private surfing event for up to 25 individuals during select times. Private Surf is returns Jan. 7; bookings are now available.
New Frozen Dessert Bar Menu
New DOLE Whip menu offerings at Snack Shack the shipwreck-inspired eatery. In addition to two Moana-inspired DOLE Whip character cones, guests can tantalize their taste buds by building their own tropical flavor combination with their choice of mango, lime, raspberry or pineapple DOLE Whip.
Adults can complement their custom DOLE Whip creation by mixing in tequila, coconut rum or dark rum. The Snack Shack at Typhoon Tilly’s will also serve the Habanero Lime Galley Shack Swirl, a new signature cocktail balancing spicy habanero, sweet mango and tangy lime flavors.
Anniversary Menu Items
To mark the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort, Typhoon Lagoon will add several new menu items and features as part of “The World’s Most Magical Celebration,” such as:
- Walt’s Chili Nachos(Snack Shack) – A new twist on a classic favorite, this playful interpretation of Walt Disney’s beloved chili recipe features house-fried tortillas, cheese, guacamole, shredded lettuce, tomato, onion, sour cream and jalapeño.
- EARidescent Ice Dream Cone (Happy Landings) – This birthday cake-flavored soft-serve swirl in a white chocolate-dipped cone honors the celebration with EARidescent sprinkles.
- Walt Disney World Popcorn Bucket (Main Change) – Available throughout the celebration, this popcorn bucket features whimsical illustrations of iconic Walt Disney World landmarks along with Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse in their 50th celebration fashions.
- 50th Anniversary Refillable Mug – The new 50th anniversary Refillable Mug will be available at all dining locations and features celebratory Disney Water Parks-inspired artwork that pays tribute to “The World’s Most Magical Celebration.”
See it for Yourself
Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon reopens at Walt Disney World on January 2, 2022.