It’s hard to believe but the self-proclaimed “Thrill Capital of the World” is adding yet another roller coaster to its beefy lineup with the announcement that Six Flag Magic Mountain would be get adding another record-breaking coaster—WONDER WOMAN™ Flight of Courage.
The newest addition will be the park’s 20th coaster and it will debut as the tallest and longest single-rail coaster on the planet where riders will fly over 3,300 feet of track, towering 13 stories and soaring at speeds up to 58 miles-per-hour. The new coaster will be located in the six-acre DC UNIVERSE™ area of the park, which will be expanded and entirely remodeled to include a new restaurant and bar experience, plus retail locations featuring exclusive DC branded merchandise.
As guests enter the WONDER WOMAN Flight of Courage queue, influenced by Greek architecture and featuring tropical landscaping, they will be immersed in the story of her life and how she obtained her super powers. Riders will join forces with Wonder Woman in the fight for truth, justice, and equality, to embark on an incredible journey of heroic feats, propelling through dives, banks, rolls, and turns designed to challenge the bravest of thrill seekers.
Key features of WONDER WOMAN Flight of Courage include:
- Themed entrance portal and queue inspired by the hidden island of Themyscira;
- Four sleek trains of 12 passengers each sitting one rider per row along the monorail track;
- 3,300 feet of single-rail, I-beam track;
- Tension-building ascent up a towering, 131-foot lift hill;
- Reaching speeds up to 58 mph;
- Intense elements including a steep, 87-degree first drop and overbanked cutback; and
- Three dramatic inversions including a 180-degree stall, raven dive, and zero-gravity roll.
See it for Yourself
WONDER WOMAN™ Flight of Courage is coming to Six Flags Magic Mountain. An opening date has not yet been announced.