Harmonious will definitely be a sight to see when the nighttime spectacular debuts October 1, 2021 at during Walt Disney World’s Most Magical Celebration at EPCOT and now we have even more cues into how the show will sound thanks to a new video on the Disney Parks Blog!
Harmonious promises a journey through new interpretations of familiar Disney songs, performed in more than a dozen languages by a cast of talented singers from around the world. You can expect to hear:
- Award-winning Puerto Rican artist Luis Fonsi, responsible for several global hits including “Despacito,” joins award-winning Mexican singer-songwriter Joy for a rousing, pan-Latin version of songs from “Coco” and “Saludos Amigos.”
- A fresh and vibrant arrangement of “Dig a Little Deeper” from “The Princess and the Frog” features vocalist Bryson Camper and legendary Gospel artists Karen Clark Sheard and Kierra Sheard.
- Musical selections from “Mulan,” “The Jungle Book,” and “Aladdin” are highlighted by the vocal talents of Wang Liuqi, Hollie Hammel, Aditya Rao, Gaayatri Kaundinya, Jorgie Shkara, and Sanaa Marahati.
- The Ndlovu Youth Choir from Johannesburg contributes a medley of favorites from “The Lion King,” performed in both English and Zulu.
- We also hear a duet with French pop singer Damien Sargue, belting “Out There” from Disney’s “The Hunchback of Notre Dame.”
- The music of Disney and Pixar’s “Brave” gets a Celtic kick from the dueling violins of Grammy and Emmy-nominated violinist Máiréad Nesbitt and platinum-selling electronic artist, violinist, and multi-talented entertainer Lindsey Stirling.
Aside from the beautiful voices that will be heard in the new show, the audio itself was also a feat of harmony to bring together.
- The soundtrack for Harmonious was produced remotely through more than 100 separate recording sessions in nine different countries and five states.
- In total, nearly 240 musicians, artists, composers, arrangers, cultural consultants, and vocalists contributed to the unique and wholly authentic sound of the show.
This new show will bring the globe together at World Showcase Lagoon in a celebration of Disney music that inspires people worldwide. It’s a grand, powerful tribute to the unifying power of story and song, embracing new technical magic that incorporates pyrotechnics, fountains, lighting and media in new ways. Harmonious will feature new interpretations of classic Disney songs, reimagined in more than a dozen languages by a diverse group of 240 artists from around the world.
This is just one part of everything coming during the Walt Disney World 50th anniversary celebration.
See it for Yourself
Harmonious debuts during The World’s Most Magical Celebration 50th anniversary event at Walt Disney World on October 1, 2021.