The Disney Parks are opening on April 30, 2021 and amidst of flurry of news and announcements today regarding tickets and reservations, we also have some additional about the reservation process that will be required to gain admission to Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure park!
Tickets and Reservations
- April 12: The theme park reservation system opens 8 a.m. PT. Guests who already have valid theme park tickets may begin making park reservations.
- April 15: Theme park ticket sales resume 8 a.m. PT. Guests without park tickets may begin purchasing tickets and making park reservations.
- April 30: First official day of reopening for Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park.
Here’s what you need to know about securing your reservation…
Booking Your Reservation
Step 1: Access the Theme Park Reservation System
- Be sure to sign in to your existing Disney account-or create a new one. From here, you can start the theme park reservation process.
- Have a Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package or a Disneyland Resort hotel reservation with separately purchased park tickets? You’ll need to retrieve your resort hotel reservation via My Hotel Reservations and link it to your Disney account before making your theme park reservation.
- Please note that park reservations are limited in number and subject to availability. Availability can change until the park reservation is finalized.
Step 2: Create Your Party
- If you haven’t linked your tickets to your Disney account, you’ll need to enter a valid theme park ticket number for each person in your party to link their tickets to your account.
- You may need to enter the name of each ticket holder.
- Select the ticket you want to make a new theme park reservation for.
Step 3: Select the Day and Theme Park You’d Like to Visit
- Select the date and theme park that you wish to visit from the available theme park reservations.
- Guests with Park Hopper tickets for either park on that date may choose, pending availability, which theme park they wish to start their day — they may visit the other park on the same day after 1:00 PM.
- If you have a multi-day ticket, repeat the process to make reservations for each day of your ticket.
Step 4: Review and Confirm Your Visit
- Review and confirm your theme park reservations.
- Before confirming, you’ll need to agree to the Terms & Conditions, including the COVID-19 liability waiver. Then, select “Confirm” to complete your park reservation.
- Provide an email address to receive confirmation of your reservation and QR code.
- Check your email account to ensure you’ve received your confirmation email and required QR code.
- Please be prepared to present your QR code and the associated valid ticket when you arrive at the Disneyland Resort.
Know Before You Go
- Until further notice, only California residents may visit the parks and party size is limited to no more than 3 households, in line with current state guidelines. Proof of residency required
- Theme park reservations are limited and subject to availability; reservations are not guaranteed until a reservation is finalized.
- A park reservation must be made for each day of entry. If you have a multi-day ticket, you will be required to make a park reservation for each date of your visit.
- Limit one theme park reservation per Guest, per day.
- Theme park reservations cannot be modified, but can be cancelled by visiting My Theme Park Reservations.
- If you’d like to cancel an existing reservation and book a new one, please first check on the availability of reservations for your new desired date and/or park.
- Strongly recommended to make your theme park reservation FIRST before you complete your ticket purchase, as availability can change until the reservation is finalized.
- To accommodate as many types of ticket holders as possible, park reservations for select dates may be made available on a rolling basis.
About Park Hopping
- Guests with Park Hopper tickets may choose, pending availability, which theme park to start their day, when making their theme park reservations
- Guests with Park Hopper tickets must make a park reservation for the first park they plan to visit AND enter that first park prior to visiting the other park
- Guests can visit the other park beginning at 1 p.m. that day
- The ability to visit the other park will be subject to that park’s capacity limitations.
- FASTPASS and Disney MaxPass will not be available for purchase or use.
- Magic Morning and Extra Magic Hour offerings will be suspended upon reopening of Disneyland Resort hotels and theme parks.
- Select attractions and certain experiences that draw large group gatherings will return at a later date.
- Parades and Nighttime Spectaculars
- Character Greetings
- Magical Makeovers at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
- Single Rider Queues
See it for Yourself
Disneyland Resort theme parks reopen April 30, 2021. Reservations open April 12 for those with existing tickets. Ticket sales resume April 15.