As Disneyland Resort moves closer to its intended plan on reopening by late April, more and more details are starting to emerge for the unprecedented move following the coronavirus closures that first began nearly one full year ago. Updates made to the Experiences Updates page on the official Disneyland website further highlight expected operational changes similar to those seen in Florida.
Here’s a recap of what to expect whenever Disneyland does officially announce is impending reopening.
What to Expect
- FASTPASS and Disney MaxPass will not be available for purchase or use.
- Magic Morning and Extra Magic Hour offerings will be suspended upon reopening of Disneyland Resort hotels and theme parks.
- Select attractions and certain experiences that draw large group gatherings—such as parades and nighttime spectaculars—will return at a later date.
- Park Reservations: Because theme park capacity will be limited to comply with governmental requirements, attendance will be managed through a new theme park reservation system that will require all Guests to obtain a reservation for park entry in advance.
- Character Meet and Greets in their traditional sense will be halted however characters will still be available in the parks with social distancing measures in place.
Health and Safety Measures
- Enhanced Protective Measures: Mandatory requirement for face coverings for both Cast Members and Guests, ages 2 and older, with the addition of hand-washing stations and physical barriers, where appropriate.
- Physical Distancing: Reduced theme park capacity to enable physical distancing plus appropriate signage to help Guests move responsibly throughout the property.
- Temperature Checks: All Guests must undergo temperature screenings prior to entering the Downtown Disney District or the theme parks; in addition, health screenings and temperature checks will be required daily for Cast Members.
- Limited-Contact Enhancements: Cashless transactions encouraged with Cast Member and Guest interaction contact reduced through helpful technology, including the expansion of Mobile Order in our Disneyland app, Apple Pay and more.
- Enhanced Cleaning and Sanitation: Building upon existing standards of cleaning with heightened protocols expect the happiest place on earth to be squeaky clean.
See it for Yourself
Expect additional details to be released in the coming days and weeks. For now, an official reopening date for the Disneyland Resort theme parks and hotels has not yet been announced.