It’s official! The Disneyland Resort will be opening its theme parks on April 30, 2021! The plan comes under guidelines by the state of California which contains very specific and strict requirements of limited capacity.
What to Expect
New Theme Park Reservation System
Theme park reservations will be limited and subject to availability. To enter a park, you will need…
- A date-specific park reservation must be made
- Valid admission for the same park on the same date are required for guests ages 3 and up.
- For now, only California residents may visit the parks in line with current state guidelines. Additional details to follow.
As previously detailed, several regular feature of the Disneyland Resort will not be available for reopening.
- FASTPASS and Disney MaxPass will not be available for purchase or use.
- Magic Morning and Extra Magic Hour offerings will be suspended upon reopening of Disneyland Resort hotels and theme parks.
A Touch of Disney Continues
The sold-out limited-time A Touch of Disney event, will go on as planned from March 18 through April 19, 2021.
In the days leading up to the public opening on April 30, Disneyland Resort will invite cast members and members of the local community to be the first theme park guests after more than a year of closure.
Modified Character Experiences
Beloved characters will pop up in new ways and sometimes in unexpected places as they remain mindful of physical distancing. From surprise appearances along Main Street, U.S.A., and Pixar Pier to playful interactions, characters from favorite Disney stories will entertain and delight.
Certain experiences that draw large group gatherings – such as parades and nighttime spectaculars – will return at a later date.
Hotels Phased Reopening
- Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa plans to reopen on April 29, with limited capacity.
- Disney Vacation Club Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa will plan to reopen May 2.
- Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel and the Disneyland Hotel will reopen at a later date.
Health and Safety Protocols
Just as the Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort reopened with enhanced health and safety measures, operational changes will be in place at the theme parks and hotels to align with guidance from health authorities and learnings from our parks around the world to promote physical distancing, enhanced cleanliness and reduced contact. This guidance is fluid and applicable at any given time as community situations change. With that guidance, many factors will determine the timing of when offerings may be available. Cast members will be available to explain our new procedures and answer questions you may have.