Barbecue at Disneyland is a long-cherished tradition and the that tradition was revived once more at the Big Thunder Ranch Roundup and Barbecue which brings endless ribs, sausage, cornbread, and more with a great mix of entertainment served in the picturesque outdoor ranch setting. Today, we have the official recipe from Disneyland to recreate the Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue Ribs — a summer-time joy that can really be served any time of the year.
EDITOR’S NOTE: Please be aware the content on this page is re-posted from 2009 so details and information may no longer be accurate.
Recipe makes 4 to 6 servings.
Citrus Roundup BBQ Rub
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/4 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Citrus Roundup BBQ rub (recipe above)
- 1 (4-pound) rack pork spareribs, trimmed of excess fat
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup favorite barbecue sauce
Citrus Roundup BBQ Rub
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle Citrus BBQ rub on both sides of ribs, rubbing the meat to adhere. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for eight hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Place ribs in a roasting pan or on a baking sheet and pour water into pan. Cover with foil and roast for one hour.
- Remove the pan from the oven and uncover. Pour off any excess water.
- Evenly coat top of ribs with barbecue sauce. Return pan to oven and roast for 30 more minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cover lightly with foil. Let ribs rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice the ribs between each bone with a serrated knife. Serve immediately.
This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
Around Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue
MouseInfo.com has been around since May 2000 and in that time the web space has evolved dramatically. From our MouseInfo MIBOARDS forums to our info wiki and everything inbetween, there’s been A LOT of change over the years. What has always remained consistent, however, is that we constantly strive to deliver you the best info about the mouse. The #MIrewind series is our attempt to bring back some of our best and favorite content posted over the years that’s been lost as we’ve continued to evolve and grow our website.