AQUATICA invites you to enjoy a splashing summer. Reopening today, Aquatica SeaWorld’s Waterpark welcomes visitors to enjoy a robust combination of thrilling high-speed slides and rides, a relaxing beachside resort atmosphere and up-close animal encounters.
This year, guests can also enjoy the Fiesta Aquatica celebration every day at 3 p.m., as the park transforms into a fiesta atmosphere with popular music, games and giveaways. Plus, starting this season, the fun will literally be powered by the sun, with the recent completion of a solar panel project that will generate 80 to 90 percent of the park’s annual energy use.
Pools and Attractions Heated to 78–82 F:
- Big Surf Shores: One of the largest wave pools in Southern California, guests swim in more than 500,000 gallons of water with period swells of up to five feet. A white sandy beach (43,000 square feet!) allows visitors to relax on lawn chairs or luxuriate in nearby cabanas.
- Walkabout Waters: This four-story interactive and colorful outdoor attraction features loads of hands-on fun with slides, hoses, jets, geysers and more. Every five minutes, a 500-gallon bucket unloads water on everyone below!
- Kata’s Kookaburra Cove: Children can splash and play safely in this children’s free-swim area. This kooky, quirky cove has a way of making even a grown-up want to jump right in and play.
- Slippity Dippity: Families with toddlers can splash the day away and let their imagination run rampant as they explore an endless sea of fun at this attraction, which includes kid-sized slides.
- Loggerhead Lane: Guests can swim or float along in an inner tube down a winding 1,250-foot long lazy river, with the added surprise of Caribbean flamingos on display. Playful fountains provide plenty of opportunities to splash while soaking up the sun.
- Tassie’s Twister: Plunge down a 75-foot water slide in a multi-person raft through thousands of gallons of swirling water before dropping into a six-story funnel (conveyers automatically lift rafts to the top of the attraction).
- Taumata Racer: A high-speed racing water slide that zooms riders on six side-by-side lanes down a 375-foot slide, around a 180-degree swooping turn, and in and out of tunnels before racing them across a finish line.
- Whanau Way: Boasting a 60-foot water slide complex featuring six slides, four enclosed and two open air, this ride is a must on any waterpark enthusiast’s list.
- HooRoo Run: Guests can choose their own adventure: two enclosed and two open-air slides await for a thrilling descent down this 80-foot ride.
- Woohoo Falls: Adventurers embark on one of three water slides with speedy twists and turns, including one in the dark for those up to the challenge.
- Kiwi Curl: Guests can put their adrenaline level to the test as they ride down one of three 60-foot-tall water slides. Thrill seekers have the option of sliding in the dark.
- Walhalla Wave: This 78-foot ride is designed for families to enjoy together (height requirement is 42”) in a gigantic tube. A tube lift means no lugging it up the stairs!
Check website for ride requirements.
- At Loggerhead Lane, guests enjoy not only a lush tropical attraction with a winding 1,250-foot-long lazy river, but also an up-close view of more than a dozen Caribbean flamingos.
- A habitat with dozens of freshwater turtles, representing several species, live in an exhibit that features under- and above-water viewing.
Delicious Dining, Drinks and Desserts
Aquatica has several different dining options, including fun, unique foods inspired by fresh California flavors to match almost any appetite. Among many options are:
- Mango Market: Pasta, pizza and other Italian delights
- Big Surf Snacks: Salty and sweet treats such as chicken tenders and funnel cakes
- Waterstone Grill: Burgers, fry cones, salads and more
- Rockwater Oasis: Margaritas, draft and craft beer selections for guests 21 and older
- Taumata Cart: Craft beer selections for guests 21 and older; Italian ice and other snacks
- Aquatica’s cabanas: An enhanced Aquatica experience that can be reserved in advance; rental includes a welcome basket, mini fridge, four bottled waters, all-day locker and Wi-Fi access; food and beverage service available (not included in cabana price)
- All-Day Dining Deal: Guests can pay once and dine all day: as often as once very hour, participant can select up to one entrée at participating restaurants and one regular non-alcoholic found beverage or bottled water
- Guests can enhance their Aquatica experience with personal cabanas, available poolside at Big Surf Shores and near Loggerhead Lane. Standard, Premium and Ultimate options are available. Guests should check website for availability and pricing prior to their visit.
- Electronic lockers are available for adventurers who need a place to store their land gear before they embark on their water voyage, three sizes to choose from.
- Kiwi Trader’s has waterpark necessities available for purchase, including towels, sunscreen and flip-flops for guests who forgot their waterpark necessities at home.
- Complimentary life vests in all sizes are available for guests as they enter Aquatica.
- Guests can relax on comfortable lounge chairs, with shaded seating located throughout the waterpark.
See it for Yourself
Single-Day tickets are $47.99 for guests ages 10 and older; $42.99 for ages 3–9; free for guests under 3. The best way to splash and play all summer long is the Aquatica Splash Pass, on sale now for the price of a single-day admission. The Aquatica 2018 Season Pass, which offers unlimited admission for the entire season, free parking and in-park discounts, is $89.99 for ages 3 and older. Pass Memberships for both SeaWorld San Diego and Aquatica are also available, starting at $167.88. For more information visit http://www.AquaticaSanDiego.com or call (619) 222-4732.
Operational dates for 2018 are daily May 25 through Sept. 3; weekends only Sept. 8 through Oct. 7.
Aquatica San Diego, located near SeaWorld in Chula Vista, California, opens for its sixth season running daily from May 25 through September 3 and then weekends-only September 8 to October 28, 2018.