Finally catching up to the 21st century, the Disneyland Resort will be launching an all-inclusive new mobile app. Set to debut for both GooglePlay AND Apple App store on August 4, the new app will offer a host of features including allowing Annual Pass holders to link their passes and use their phones to gain admission into the parks.
Other perks within the app include official attraction wait-times plus information about entertainment, dining, merchandise locations and more. Be on the look out next week on the Disney Parks Blog for more info about the launch!
Many would assume that the Disneyland Resort would be folded into the current My Disney Experience app that is currently in use in Orlando offering similar features for Walt Disney World guests. However, the new app will NOT be connected to this interface or the Shop Disney Parks app either.
UPDATE! August 4, 2015: IT’S HERE!
What to Expect
The app will include a variety of helpful info that guests can access via a real-time interactive map including:
- Attraction wait times
- Character meet and greet locations
- Dining locations
- Restroom locations
- PhotoPass locations
- Entertainment show schedules
- Park Tickets can be purchased directly though the app and then ticket barcodes on mobile device can be used on initial entry into the parks. A real ticket will be printed at that point.
- Annual Passholders can link their AP for theme park entry.
- Families can link several APs to the app for easier park entrance.
- Physical AP will still be required for park discounts and FASTPASS.
- Initial purchase of APs must still be done online or via ticket booths.
- This perk is NOT yet available for Premier Annual Passholders.