Hong Kong Disneyland confirmed today that will officially reopen to the public on June 18, 2020 after nearly half a year of down time following the global spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus. During the initial reopening phase, the park will operate with reduced capacity and utilized enhanced health and safety procedures plus a new reservation system.
The park reopening will demonstrate a deliberate approach with new and enhanced health and safety measures, reflecting the guidance of health and government authorities.
During this initial reopening phase, all guests, including park ticket holders, Magic Access members and complimentary ticket holders, will be required to make a reservation for their visit date with their valid tickets or membership cards through the Hong Kong Disneyland Park Visit Reservation website.
- Magic Access members may make a reservation beginning eight days prior to their visit.
- General guests may make a reservation beginning seven days prior to their visit.
- Guests with reservations are required to present valid tickets or membership cards for entry. A reservation is not required for children below three years of age and they can enjoy free park admission as usual.
- Health declaration are required by guests as part of pre-arrival reservation process
- Temperature screening for all guests upon arrival
- Controlled capacity will be utilized for all reopening attractions, shopping and dining
- Social distancing in queues, restaurants, attraction vehicles and other facilities throughout the park
- Character experiences requiring close interaction and close-up photos will be temporarily suspended
- Other character experience opportunities that can accommodate social distancing will be available in locations throughout the park.
- The frequency of sanitization and disinfection measures in high-guest contact areas will be increased
- Extra hand sanitizers will be available
- Hotel services are also gradually resuming
Magic on the Horizon
In happier news, the new “Castle of Magical Dreams” construction continues into its final transformation stage taking the modest copy of Anaheim’s Sleeping Beauty castle and beefing it up with an imaginative new castle that shoots spires up into the skyline!