Amidst tons of speculation, Disney confirmed today that the Disneyland Resort aims begin its phased re-opening following COVID-19 coronavirus closures on July 17, 2020 — the exact date of the 65th anniversary of Disneyland Park.
Pending state and local government approvals, the plan to reopen the Happiest Place on Earth follows below.
Re-opening July 9
- Downtown Disney District
Re-opening July 17
- Disneyland park
- Disney California Adventure park
Re-opening July 23
- Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
- Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel plan
Adjusting Park Capacity
Theme park capacity and operations will be significantly modified to comply with governmental requirements. Expected changes include:
- New theme park reservation system will require all guests, including Annual Passholders, to obtain a reservation for park entry in advance
- Theme park reservations will be subject to availability.
- More details about this new reservation system will be available soon.
Ticket and AP Sales/Renewals
- Temporary pause on new ticket sales and Annual Passport sales and renewals.
- Additional details will be available soon
Once approved, the Disneyland Resort will reopen with enhanced health and safety measures. In addition, a Guest Experience Team will be available throughout the parks and Downtown Disney District to assist guests with questions regarding these new policies.
- Certain experiences that draw large group gatherings – such as parades and nighttime spectaculars – will return at a later date.
- While character meet and greets will be temporarily unavailable, characters will be in the parks in new ways to entertain and delight guests.
- Several operational changes will be implemented at the Parks, Hotels, and Dowtown Disney based on guidance from health authorities to promote physical distancing and cleanliness throughout the Downtown Disney District.
- Details to be announced
Modifications and Cancellations
For those with existing plans and reservations who need to renew, reschedule, cancel, or otherwise modify their plans, the existing Disneyland Resort resource continues to be routinely updated as details emerge. This applies to tickets, annual passports, vacation packages, and reservations for dining or hotels.
MORE INFO: Disneyland Resort Operations Updates
Reflecting the uncertainty of the times with continued questions about the the safety of reopening during the ongoing pandemic, Disney is also issuing the following warning for all guests visiting the Disneyland Resort.
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures—for you, our other Guests and Cast Members—and we ask that you follow all posted instructions while visiting the Disneyland Resort.
However, an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 currently exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and Guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By visiting the Disneyland Resort, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
See it for Yourself
Disneyland Resort aims to begin phased re-opening July 9, 2020.
MORE INFO: Disneyland Resort Experience Updates