Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival is here once again and it’s delivering perhaps one of the strongest line-ups in the festival’s history with a bunch of gluten-friendly and plant-based options around every corner.
We tried several options from this year’s event andinvite you now for a first taste look at the food and drink available at the 2020 Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival! ENJOY!
What We Tried This Year
Creamy Poblano Pepper Pasta
Creamy Poblano Pepper Pasta ($7.75) with rotini pasta & roasted red pepper drizzle & cotija is one of our fav dishes of the festival. The vegetarian offering packs a ton of creamy flavor and a moderate heat that will definitely not be for everyone.
Brunch Fried Chicken & Waffle Sandwich with Mimosa-inspired Slaw and OJ Bubbles
Brunch Fried Chicken & Waffle Sandwich with Mimosa-inspired Slaw and OJ Bubbles ($8) is a fun take on brunch. Chicken was extra crispy and a little dry, waffle was not quite sweet enough. OJ bubbles tasted like sherbet. Fun to try but not must-try.
Seared Verlasso Salmon with Lemon Pea Purée, Black Rice and Meyer Lemon Relish
Seared Verlasso Salmon with Lemon Pea Purée, Black Rice and Meyer Lemon Relish ($7.75) is a welcomed gluten-friendly addition. The salmon was slightly overcooked but not dry. Wish there was more relish but otherwise very tasty.
Grilled Shrimp Tacos on Jicama Tortillas
Grilled Shrimp Tacos on Jicama Tortillas ($8) with shredded cabbage and tomato slaw with pineapple-chile salsa are a phenomenal addition to the lineup and the risk to make these gluten-friendly with jicama totally paid off.
Impossible Cheeseburger Mac & Cheese
Impossible Cheeseburger Mac & Cheese ($8) is a vegetarian delight. Super creamy with a nice contrast of the crumbles on top. The burger sauce didn’t add a whole lot to the already flavor-packed cheese fest but this desih is definitely worth a taste!
French Onion Grilled Beef Tenderloin Slider
French Onion Grilled Beef Tenderloin Slider ($8.50) features gruyère cheese sauce with caramelized onions on an onion roll making this an irresistible combination of flavors. The meat was cooked perfectly medium rare, tender and tasty!
Shrimp and Braised Corn
Shrimp and Braised Corn ($8.25) with chorizo, green onions, and crispy corn is a tasty gluten-friendly option that’s about as simple as it sounds. Bold flavors from star player ingredients that play well together and individually
Tortilla-crusted Fried Guacamole with Carne Asada
Tortilla-crusted Fried Guacamole with Carne Asada ($8.25) is a solid creation where avocado is definitely the star. Fried avo was good (if you like warm avocado) but the meat tasted strange (tho cooked well). Pico de gallo was sad and mushy.
Smoked Bacon Barbecue Beef Loco Moco on Rice
Smoked Bacon Barbecue Beef Loco Moco on Rice ($7.50) is a gluten-friendly take that substitutes gravy with a tangy BBQ that somehow just works! The meat patty with egg crumbles and green onion all pair nicely and are complemented by the rice.
Mezcal Cocktail ($14) features house-made peppercorn-infused syrup, pineapple juice, Simply Orange, agave nectar, and fresh lime juice. Great combo of flavors that complement the mezcal.
Fields & Orchards
Fields & Orchards ($14) combine Elderflower liqueur, artichoke liqueur, Simply Orange, fresh lime juice, and orgeat to make one delightful deceptively sweet treat!
Popular items from previous years have returned again…
Fiscalini White Cheddar Lager Soup
Fiscalini White Cheddar Lager Soup ($6.75) – Served in a Mini Boudin Sourdough Bread Bowl. Amazing! Definitely one of the top dishes of the festival. Imagine a cheesy garlic bread in soup form. It’s definitely a must-try.
Black Garlic Soy-Braised Pork Belly Banh Mi
Black Garlic Soy-Braised Pork Belly Banh Mi ($8) – Another hold-over which we tried last year and said: Fantastic! Pork Belly usually hits the top of our list and this does the same for us this year. It’s a SOLID choice that is full of flavor.
Asian-style Beef Barbacoa Taco
Asian-style Beef Barbacoa Taco with Pickled Ginger ($8) – The ginger provides a fresh twist to a classic Mexican flavor profile. Was pleasantly surprised by the flavor here but it felt like it needed a little in terms of toppings on the taco. Nice portion of meat, though. This year the tacos get the addition of pickled onions, cucumber and serrano peppers.
Artichoke Toast with Artichoke Cream Cheese
Artichoke Toast with California Olive Tapenade ($6.50) – I love olives and I love a good tapenade but this artichoke toast is not exactly mind-blowing. It’s absolutely delicious for what it is but there’s nothing particular inventive about this one making it hard to declare it a must-try. The artichoke cream cheese helps balance the strong flavor of the tapenade.
Fried Artichokes with Lemon Aioli
Fried Artichokes with Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Lemon Aioli ($7) – Eating this freshly prepared is key. We happened to have a pretty fresh batch and it was really delicious. The crispy batter with the caramelized artichoke underneath is irresistable and the tangy aioli is a perfect pairing. I wish there were a little more greens to help balance this out but it’s a really great choice.
Petit Impossible Burger with Guac and Pepper Jack Cheese
Petit Impossible Burger with Guac and Pepper Jack Cheese ($8) – If you’ve never tried the IMPOSSIBLE brand meatless product you should absolutely let this offering be your first entry. Cooked perfectly and topped with a tangy guacamole and flavorful Pepper Jack cheese, it’s a great dish that we honesty feel you’d be hard-pressed to know is meatless without knowing ahead of time.
Ready to Taste?
2020 Disney California Adventure Food and Wine Festival & Savor Tasting Passport is available to ALL guests creating the opportunity to taste your way through your choice of EIGHT different dishes or non-alcoholic beverages from the Festival Marketplace kiosks.
This pass can be purchased at various locations throughout the park, including Festival Merchandise Kiosks, Seaside Souvenirs, Elias & Company, Kingswell Camera Shop, and Rushin’ River Outfitters.
- Regular ($56)
- Annual Passholders ($51) – Includes AP MAGIC magnet
VALUE ALERT: To get the most bang for your buck out of your Sip & Savor Tasting Passport, you’ll just want to make sure you don’t get any of the items that cost less than $7.00 (regular) or $6.38 (Passholder). Considering the prices, that shouldn’t be terribly difficult as long as you avoid desserts and drinks!
Save Time… Maybe!
Find the Shortest Line
Festival Marketplace kiosks are equipped to sell you items from ANY of the kiosks. So if you find a kiosk with a shorter line you can jump in that one to order your food from another kiosk. Just take your receipt to the appropriate kiosks to get your items!
The ultimate way to save time is to be smart. We advise scoping the scene before ordering anything. In some cases it might not be quicker to order food from another booth because the pick-up line for that location might be super long. Plus, booths can tend to run out of food so you’ll want to be careful where, what, and how much you order!
More to Savor
Aside from the Festival Marketplace kiosks you can find even more more tasty bites…
Paradise Garden Grill
Mobile Order available.
- Impossible™ Meatball Submarine (Plant-Based)
- Beer-battered Fish Tacos, with Karl Strauss® Follow the Sun Pilsner-infused Batter
- Buffalo-style Roasted Turkey Leg with Celery Slaw and Blue Cheese (Gluten-Friendly)
- Brisket Sliders
- Brisket Fries
- Black Forest Parfait
- Watermelon Vodka Lemonade (Alcoholic, Gluten-Friendly)
- Matanzas Creek, Sauvignon Blanc, Sonoma County
- Deschutes Pacific Wonderland Lager
- Sudwerk Märzen Amber Lager
- Berry Spectacular Cookie Shake (Non-Alcoholic)
Paradise Beer Garden
- Smog City Little Bo Pils Unfiltered Pilsner
- Ayinger Bräuweisse Hefeweizen
- Chihuahua Guava Lime Suprema Low-Cal Lager
- 2 Towns Outcider Hard Cider
- Karl Strauss® Practice What You Peach Sour
- Bottle Logic Marceline Muffin Blueberry Imperial Blonde
- Enegren Valkyrie Alt Bier
- Figueroa Mountain Point Conception IPA
- Lost Winds Whirlpool Galaxy Double IPA
- Allagash Black Stout
- Twisted Horn Raven’s Claw Apple & Boysenberry Mead
- Founders Backwoods Bourbon Barrel-aged Scotch Ale
Outdoor Vending Carts
- Savory Empanada with Chipotle Crema Sauce
- Sweet Empanada with Caramel Sauce
Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta
- Chocolate-Hazelnut Cheesecake
- Leading Role Lemonade – Gin with Lavender Lemonade (Alcoholic)
- Opening Night Cocktail – Banana Whiskey with Cream Soda (Alcoholic)
- Movie Star Mule – Whiskey with Black Cherry and Ginger Ale (Alcoholic)
- On Location Libation – Stone Peak Conditions IPA with POG juice (Alcoholic)
- Backlot Michelada – Tomato-based Michelada with Modelo (Alcoholic)
- Modelo Especial Lager
- Hangar 24 Passion Punch Gose
- Stone Peak Conditions Hazy Double IPA
- Honest Abe Limoncello Hard Cider
- Bottle Logic Emerald City Raspberry Piña Colada Hard Seltzer
- Supporting Role Lemonade – Lavender Lemonade (Non-Alcoholic)
Hollywood Churro Cart
- Churro topped with Peanut Butter Cream, Chocolate Icing and Chopped Peanuts
- Almond Mocha Shake
- Almond Mocha Affogato
- California Cheesesteak
- Italian Meatball Sandwich
- Bavarian Pretzel with Cheese Sauce
- Triple Chocolate Brownie
- Sandy Beach – Green Apple Vodka with flavors of Sea Salt Caramel (Alcoholic)
- Catalina Island – Vodka and Passion Fruit with flavors of Raspberry Lemonade and Lime (Alcoholic)
- Sparkling Greyhound – Vodka with flavors of Grapefruit, Chamomile and Cardamom (Alcoholic)
- Pineapple Passion – White Rum with flavors of Pineapple and Passion Fruit (Alcoholic)
- Firestone Walker Rosalie Beer Rosé
- Francis Ford Coppola Winery, Sofia, Brut Rosé, Monterey County
- Chandon Brut, Sparkling Wine, California
- Selection of Craft Beers and Ciders
Pacific Wharf Coffee Cart
- Tropicalifornia Tea Cocktail with Berry Vodka, Green Tea, Pineapple and Orange Juices (Alcoholic)
- Fruitful Green Tea with Berry, Pineapple and Orange Juices (Non-Alcoholic)
Pacific Wharf Distribution Company
- Karl Strauss® Crazy Eyes Doppelbock
Downtown Disney District Offerings
Ballast Point Brewing Co.
- Impossible™ Lettuce Cups With Impossible™ Protein, Peppers, Hoisin, Sriracha, Garlic, Lime, Fresno Chilies and Hydroponic Lettuce
- The Ballast Point Burger: 8 Oz Kobe & Chuck Blend Patty, Sharp Cheddar, Lettuce, Tomato, Red Onion, House-made Pickles, and Ballast Point Remoulade on a Brioche Bun served with Fries
- Cioppino: PEI Mussels, Fish of the Day, Argentinean Shrimp, Spanish Chorizo, Stewed Tomatoes, Chili Flakes, Oregano, Crème Fraiche, Chili Thread, House-Made Pasta and Grilled Baguette
- All Three Paired with Designated Beer Flight
- Smoked Salmon Crostini: Whipped Ricotta, Smoked Salmon and Basil Pesto
- Burrata: Burrata, Prosciutto, and Balsamic Gastrique
- Hand-shucked Oysters with Champagne and Black Pepper Mignonette
Salt & Straw
- Apple Pie with Beecher’s Flagship Cheesecake: Warm-spiced Apple Pie Ice Cream with Beecher’s Flagship Cheddary Cheesecake
Splitsville Luxury Lanes
- Surf & Turf Slider Duo: Salmon Slider featuring House-made Salmon Patty, Sriracha Aïoli, Red Onion, Butter Lettuce and Heirloom Tomato, and Filet Mignon Slider featring Beef Tenderloin, Béarnaise Sauce, Arugula and Oven-Roasted Tomato
Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen
- Creole Cobbler with Beefeater Gin, Santhenay Crème de Peche, Fresh Lemon Juice, and Orange Bitter
Complete Festival Marketplace Menus
Nuts About Cheese Marketplace
- Fiscalini White Cheddar Lager Soup served in a Mini Boudin® Sourdough Bowl (Vegetarian)
- Impossible™ Cheeseburger Mac & Cheese (Vegetarian)
- Oikos® Greek Yogurt Banoffee Tart
- Honey Bourbon Lemonade (Alcoholic)
Golden Dreams Marketplace
- Brunch Fried Chicken & Waffle Sandwich with Mimosa-inspired Slaw and OJ Bubbles
- Seared Verlasso® Salmon with Lemon Pea Purée, Black Rice and Meyer Lemon Relish (Gluten-Friendly)
- Strawberry-Rose Lemonade (Non-Alcoholic)
- Fig & Lavender Cold Brew (Non-Alcoholic)
Uncork California Marketplace
- California Artisan Cheese with Central Coast Creamery Holey Cow Swiss and Vintage Cheese Co. Cabernet Cheddar (Vegetarian)
- White Wine Flight
- Malibu Rocky Oaks, Sauvignon Blanc, California
- Rombauer, Chardonnay, Carneros
- Francis Ford Coppola Winery, Sofia, Rosé, Monterey County
- Red Wine Flight
- Erath, Pinot Noir, Oregon
- The Prisoner, Red Blend, Napa Valley
- Quilt, Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley
- Road Trip Mimosa Trio
- Pacific Mimosa
- Mojave Mimosa
- Sierra Mimosa
- Chandon Brut, Sparkling Wine, California
California Craft Brews Marketplace
- Pepperoni Pizza Egg Rolls
- Triple B Cocktail with Beer, Bourbon and Berries (Alcoholic)
- Beer Flight – Fun with Flavor
- Mother Earth Orange Vanilla Cali Creamin’ Ale
- Black Market Cucumber Sour
- Golden Road Strawberry and Pomegranate Balboa Blonde Ale
- Aftershock Guavaaah! Hazy Pale Ale
- Beer Flight – Bigger & Bolder
- Bootlegger’s Rocco Red Ale
- Stereo Perfect Day IPA
- Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing Hazy IPA
- Karl Strauss® Wreck Alley Imperial Stout
- Backstreet La Calleja Mexican-style Lager
- Boomtown Ingenue Belgian White
- Divine Science Event Horizon Blonde (Gluten-Friendly)
- JuneShine Acai Berry Hard Kombucha (Gluten-Friendly)
- Meiomi, Rosé, California
- MacMurray Ranch, Pinot Noir, Central Coast
- Joel Gott, Cabernet Sauvignon, California
One in a Melon Marketplace
- Compressed Watermelon and Tomato with Whipped Ricotta and Lemon Olive Oil (Vegetarian, Gluten-Friendly)
- Poke-style Watermelon with Cucumber (Plant-Based, Gluten-Friendly)
- Pabana Cream Puff with Mango, Passion Fruit and Banana Mousse
- Berry Mule (Alcoholic)
- House-made Watermelon Agua Fresca (Non-Alcoholic)
Peppers Cali-Ente Marketplace
- Creamy Poblano Pepper Pasta (Vegetarian)
- Grilled Shrimp Tacos on Jicama Tortillas (Gluten-Friendly)
- Cantarito-style Paloma (Alcoholic)
- Annabella, Chardonnay Special Selection, Napa Valley
LA Style Marketplace
- Asian-style Beef Barbacoa Street Tacos
- Smoked Bacon Barbecue Beef Loco Moco on Rice (Gluten-Friendly)
- Monkey Bread with Caramel Whiskey Glaze and Candied Pecans (Contains trace amounts of alcohol)
- Amaretto Stout-Cream Cold Brew (Alcoholic)
- Blue Angeleno Cocktail (Alcoholic)
Avocado Time Marketplace
- Petite Impossible™ Burger with Guac and Pepper Jack (Vegetarian)
- Tortilla-crusted Fried Guacamole with Carne Asada
- Mezcal Cocktail (Alcoholic)
- Chapman Crafted Slow Riser with Coconut, Red Ale on Nitro
Off the Cob Marketplace
- Mini Chicken Chimis with Chimichurri Corn Pico de Gallo and Chipotle Crema
- Shrimp and Braised Corn with Chorizo (Gluten-Friendly)
- Mickey-shaped Caramel-Peanut-Milk Chocolate Macaron
- Fields & Orchards with Elderflower and Artichoke Liqueurs (Alcoholic)
- Farmstand Punch (Non-Alcoholic)
I <3 Artichokes Marketplace
- Fried Artichokes with Lemon Aïoli (Vegetarian)
- Artichoke Toast with Artichoke Cream Cheese and Olive & Artichoke Tapenade (Vegetarian)
- Lolea, Red Sangria, Spain
- Brooklyn Brewery Special Effects Non-Alcoholic Lager (Alcohol regulations apply)
- Ranch Fried Chicken Wings with Buffalo Hot Sauce Drizzle
- French Onion Grilled Beef Tenderloin Slider
- Chocolate Hazelnut Crunch
- Kronenbourg 1664 Blanc Witbier (Limited-Time Offering)
- Craft Micheladas, Beers, and Flights
- Pizza Port Honey Blonde Golden Ale
- Golden Road Pineapple Cart Wheat Ale
- Lost Coast Watermelon Wheat
- King Harbor Cerveza Hermosa Mexican Amber Lager
Berry Patch Marketplace
- Raspberry-Lychee-Rose Custard with Mixed Berry Compote
- Oikos® Greek Yogurt California Berries Summer Pudding (Contains trace amounts of alcohol)
- Blue Marble Berry Hard Seltzer (Alcoholic)
- Blue Marble Tropical Hard Seltzer (Alcoholic)
- Ruby Citrus Sparkler (Non-Alcoholic)
Garlic Kissed Marketplace
- Black Garlic Soy-braised Pork Belly Banh Mi
- Carbonara Garlic Mac & Cheese with Nueske’s® Bacon
- Aperol Cocktail (Alcoholic)
- Wither Hills, Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough
See it for Yourself
Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival celebrations at Disney California Adventure take place from February 28 to April 21, 2020..
See all of our recent postings:
If you are looking for a way to help support the site so we can continue to bring you more info about the mouse, feel free to browse our TeePublic Store! Aside from tees and apparel, you can also find stickers, phone laptop cases, mugs, and more!