It’s no secret that Disney Parks domestic are bracing for unprecedented crowds to descend on the Disneyland Resort and Disney’s Hollywood Studios for the respective grand openings of the new Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge expansion. Already, we’ve seen announcements of measured entrance into the new lands and even Project Stardust to help the parks brace for the crowds. Disney California Adventure is also rushing open a clone of Mickey’s Philharmagic to help soak up crowds around the Resort.
Now, we have even more surprising announcements with the confirmation that Disneyland will launch a new campaign called ROCKIN’ HYPERSPACE MOUNTAIN.
Rockin’ Hyperspace Mountain
Guests will strap in to a revamped Star Wars-themed Hyperspace Mountain for a new ROCKIN’ campaign centered around the music of the late David Bowie. The new Rockin’ Hyperspace Mountain will feature new projections and an all-new soundtrack set to a retro-futuristic remixed version of the rock classic “Rebel Rebel.”
Long-time Disney fans will remember that after Disneyland’s landmark 50th Anniversary, a ROCKIN’ summer campaign brought Red Hot Chili Peppers soundtracks to both Space Mountain and California Screamin’ attractions.
More to Explore
Rockin’ Hyperspace Mountain isn’t the only thing in Tomorrowland to help spread out the crowds.
Resistance Recruitment Academy
In the vein of remakes, the popular defunct Jedi Training Academy will be resurrected once more but with a new focus as the Resistance Recruitment Academy. Young guests will come face to face with Rey who will train young hopefuls to use their lightsabers. Of course, ylo Ren will arrive and cause a stir right in the middle of training.
Star Wars themed eats will be returning once again to the the Galactic Grill.
Ahead of the opening in May, guests can get their first taste at menu items that will be served at Ronto Roasters. Items include…
- Ronto Wrap filled with spiced grilled sausage and roasted pork.
- Exotic non-alcoholic drinks, like the Sour Sarlacc or Tatooine Sunset.
- Meiloorun Juice
MORE FUN EATS!
- Create-Your-Own Batuu Bowls: Your choice of beef, chicken, or tempeh served with brown rice and moisture farm vegetable mix.
- Hondo’s Cache: A juicy ostrich burger with bright red bun, sweet yellow peppers, and a spiced mustard ailoli.
- Kyber Crystal Fries: A stack of “fry-sabers” served with Resistance green and First Order red ketchup and topped with “sparking” popping salt crystals.
- Chewie Brownie Shake served with a scoop blue milk vanilla ice cream
- First Order Lava Cake served with a scoop blue milk vanilla ice cream
See it for Yourself
ROCKIN’ HYPERSPACE MOUNTAIN summer campaign kicks off April 2019. An exact date has not yet been provided.
STAR WARS: GALAXY’S EDGE opens at Disneyland Resort May 31, 2019 and at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in August 29, 2019.