After igniting fans with their tiny BB-8 remote control figure, the folks at Sphero are hoping to drive more fans crazy with the new ULTIMATE LIGHTNING McQUEEN. More than just an RC car, this tiny vehicle packs a lot more punch than you might be used to from a toy this size.
The app-enabled, interactive race car that uses the newest advancements in technology to create a super lifelike Lightning McQueen… and of course, just in time for Disney•Pixar’s Cars 3. Packed with animatronic features that embody Lightning’s supercharged personality, Sphero’s Ultimate Lightning McQueen features hybrid performance specs including driving, drifting, racing and reactive touch, allowing fans to connect with the character like never before.
Fans can hit the gas with Ultimate Lightning McQueen by simply connecting to the car’s app (available on iOS and Android devices) and watch him respond to commands. With animated eyes, an animatronic mouth, and emotive suspension, users will train for their next big race by playing games and experiencing other interactive features. When not in training mode, users can relax while watching Disney•Pixar’s “Cars” with Ultimate Lightning McQueen in “Watch With Me” mode, where he reacts to the movie in real-time.
Hybrid Performance Specs:
- Driving: Emotive suspension allows Ultimate Lightning McQueen to move like a champion
- Drifting: Drift and do donuts Ultimate Lightning McQueen-style with authentic movement
- Reactive Touch: Master Ultimate Lightning McQueen’s latest moves with a simple tap
- Build Strategy: Match wits with Ultimate Lightning McQueenand sharpen your skills through a pit stop-inspired mini-game
- Acting Studio: Build custom scripts that bring existing animations to life
Under The Hood:
- 6 Motors: One controlling the animatronic mouth, two for emotive suspension, two for the front tires and one for steering
- 5 Capacitive Touch Panels: Ultimate Lightning McQueen will physically respond to a tap on his roof, hood, both side doors and his rear window
- 3 Processors: Bluetooth Smart and WiFi allow for updates and app control, while the main processor controls the eye animations and more
- Custom- Built Trapezoidal Screen: Ultimate Lightning McQueen’s windshield eyes are actually an LCD screen, allowing for live animation renders
- Automatic Head and Tail Lights: Ambient light sensor allows the front and rear LEDs to adjust based on the light in the room
- Versatile Tires: The tire materials allow Ultimate Lightning McQueen to drift on hard surfaces, average carpet conditions and at slow speeds
- Custom Speaker and Speaker Box Design: Ultimate Lightning McQueen’s integrated speaker system creates crystal clear audio
- Custom-Built Animations: Sphero created custom animations to makeUltimate Lightning McQueen’s eyes as emotive as the character in the movie
CARS 3 drives into theaters June 16, 2017.