Tonight at Disneyland, guests were treated to a surprise debut performance of “Together Forever: A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular“. Check out our full above from this evening of the brand new show. The dazzling new nighttime spectacle debuts officially on Friday with the launch of Pixar Fest.
After the fun facts you’ll find a great highlight clip courtesy of Disney with closer looks at some of the awesome new effects and show moments!
‘Together Forever’ Fun Facts:
- “Together Forever” celebrates the everlasting bonds of friendship between guests, as well as the friendships of beloved Pixar characters from all 19 Disney•Pixar films.
- “Together Forever” opens with Buzz Lightyear, who flies 100 feet in the air above Sleeping Beauty Castle on a flight path that is 350 feet long.
- As Buzz Lightyear takes flight, he opens the show with a new line of diaologue: “To friendship…and beyond!”
- The fireworks for “Together Forever” were specifically developed and designed to enhance the projected images within the show and to match Pixar Animations Studios’ color palette.
- “Together Forever” contains more than 900 separate fireworks effects, digitally controlled within 1/30 of a second.
- An all-new musical score was recorded for “Together Forever.” The orchestra was composed of 101 musicians and 20 vocalists. The score features popular songs from Pixar films, in addition to iconic instrumental themes.
- “You’ve Got a Friend in Me,” the hit song by Randy Newman from “Toy Story,” serves as the musical thread for the show. Guests will be inspired to sing along as this theme song becomes the rousing finale. This version of the song is a custom arrangement made specifically for “Together Forever.”
- On Main Street, U.S.A., mapped projections bring the storytelling of “Together Forever” to life. The same technology is used for projections on Sleeping Beauty Castle and the façade of the “it’s a small world” attraction.
- Each of the four viewing areas in the park – Main Street, U.S.A., Sleeping Beauty Castle, Rivers of America and “it’s a small world” – feature custom effects that create a unique experience for guests at each location.
- With the use of projection mapping, more than 300 Space Aliens from “Toy Story” appear on the façade of the buildings on Main Street, U.S.A., and Sleeping Beauty Castle during their moment in “Together Forever.” The adorable green Space Aliens also appear on the façade of the “it’s a small world” attraction.
- Multiple laser beams project down Main Street, U.S.A., in the scene where the Incredibles battle the Omnidroid at Sleeping Beauty Castle. Lasers are also used at the Rivers of America viewing location.
- The story heats up during a pivotal scene from “Toy Story 3,” as Sleeping Beauty Castle is flanked by six shooting flames that reach up to 30 feet in the air.
- During the “Coco” adventure, 10 townspeople from the Land of the Dead appear on the rooftops of Main Street, U.S.A. Each of these characters stretches more than 10 feet tall and they join the animated mariachi and folklórico dancers projected on Main Street U.S.A., bringing to life a colorful fiesta.
- The voice of Anthony Gonzalez, who played the lead role of Miguel in the film “Coco,” can be heard singing “The World Es Mi Familia” during the “Coco” adventure of “Together Forever.”
- “The World Es Mi Familia” features authentic Mexican singers and musicians who play traditional mariachi instruments like the vihuela, guitar and guitarrón.
- Several objects have flown above Sleeping Beauty Castle in past nighttime spectaculars, and the largest one ever is in “Together Forever” – Carl Fredricksen’s House from the film, “Up.”
- Guests can look out for the Pizza Planet truck in “Together Forever.” Seen in “Toy Story,” the Pizza Planet truck also appears as an “Easter Egg” hidden in most Pixar films.
Highlights from Main Street
From Small World Mall
See it for Yourself
PIXAR FEST takes place at the Disneyland Resort from April 13 – June 8, 2018.
MORE INFO: Need more Pixar Fest? Check our previous articles.
The collective “awww” of the crowd at the end made me both laugh and cry