SeaWorld San Diego is hoping to make a big splash this summer with the announcement of the official opening of the new ELECTRIC EEL roller coaster and an extension to the popular Seven Seas Food Festival.
This new coaster will EELectrify even the bravest thrill seekers with with high-energy twists, heart-pounding loops and the only upside-down view of Mission Bay. The ELECTRIC EEL area will also feature an interactive learning experience called Mission: Deep Discovery.
ELECTRIC EEL — the newest coaster experience to land at SeaWorld San Diego — is confirmed to be opening May 12, 2018!
San Diego’s premier food, beer and wine event, Seven Seas Food Festival, will serve up extra helpings of international flavors two additional weekends (April 21–22 and 28–29) at SeaWorld San Diego.
For the fourth straight year, the SeaWorld Seven Seas Food Festival satisfies the most sophisticated taste buds with California-inspired, tapas-sized flavors that allow food connoisseurs to taste life to the fullest. The event features 55 food samples, 70 brews, a dozen wines and a boatload of sweet-tune performances by renowned musicians pulled straight from San Diego’s music scene.
Here’s a taste of the all-new 14 Daring Flavors
- Pretzel Crawfish Mary (Flavored Tomato Juice, Olives) at Pretzel Flavors ages 21 & older
- Buzz Button Sake at Hand Rolled Sushi & Sake Flavors ages 21 & older
- Candied Bacon Cheesecake (Fireworks Chocolate Sensation) at Bacon Flavored
- Escargot Maison (Pastry, Garlic Herb Aioli) at French Bistro Flavors
- Nitrogen Fromage (Minus 320-Degree Cheddar Cheese Balls) at French Café Flavors
- Spiced Tomato Gazpacho (Queso Fresco, Breadstick) at Mediterranean Flavors
- Tripe Florentine (Tomato Basil, Goat Cheese Polenta) at Tuscan Flavors
- Bursting Boba Snow Pop ( Coca Cola or Orange Fanta) at Coca Cola Flavors
- Tourist — Islander — “Duppy Conqueror” at Caribbean Heat Scale Flavors
- Peruvian Ceviche (Scallops, Pulpo, Corn, Cilantro) at South America Flavors
- Chile Lime Chapulines Tostada (Avocado Spread, Queso Fresco, Pico) at Nuevo Baja Flavors
- Crispy Thai Basil Frog Legs (Sweet chili Sauce) at Asian Street Food Flavors
- Lava Rock Grilled Pacific Oysters (Wasabi Mustard Sauce, Sesames Seeds) at Island Fusion Flavors
- Rice Paper + Quick Pickles (Daikon Radish Sprouts, Peanut Drizzle Crunch) at Pacific Rim Flavors
Cool surf sounds will put guests in the spirit of Southern California at the SoCal Flavors Stage area, while reverberations of the cabaret will waft from the French Flavors Stage. A trip to the Polynesia Flavors Stage will electrify with high-energy hula and haka acts that will have guests aloha dancing, while fire dancers sizzle out the evening with blazing performances.
While these decadent pleasures and more can be purchased at flavor hubs, the best way to experience the Seven Seas Food Festival is with one of four sampler packages. Guests are able to craft their own culinary adventure with a Food and Drink Sampler that allows them to sample any combination of food and drink samples with the 15-Item Sampler for $65 or either the 10-Item Sampler for $45 or 5-Item Sampler for $25. Back for a second year, the popular Wine Sampler gives patrons a choice of five 2-oz. wine samples, a Seven Seas souvenir glass at SoCal Wine, French Wine Boutique and the Seven Seas Imports gift shops. For more details about sampler packages, visit http://bit.ly/SeaWorldSevenSeasSamplers.
See it for Yourself
ELECTRIC EEL is confirmed to be opening May 12, 2018!
SeaWorld Seven Seas Food Festival continues now through Sunday (April 1) and on April 7–8, 14–15, 21–22 and 28–29.