When the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival returns this year it will bring with it hundreds of culinary experiences and delicious flavors from across the Golden State. Here’s details about what the event has in store for foodies!
More than a dozen Festival Marketplaces will offer delectable fare, an ideal complement to the Festival-inspired menus at the theme park’s restaurants and eateries.
- Brie toast with fig and mint and roasted California almond crumble
- Baked ham and Swiss cheese croque monsieur roll with smoked pistachios
- Chèvre fromage blanc tartine infused with rosemary and honey, topped with toasted hazelnuts
- Almond milk tea with pudding
- White wine flight
- Red wine flight
- Mimosa flight
I Heart Artichokes
- artichoke carbonara with garlic aioli and smoked bacon
- Grilled and chilled artichoke hearts with Romesco sauce
- Creamy artichoke and dark chocolate cake pop
- Orange iced tea with orange pearls
- Grilled beef tenderloin slider with chimichurri sauce
- Black garlic soy-braised pork belly bao with pickled vegetables
- Garlic-rosemary and avocado oil ice cream pop
California Craft Brews
- Southern California flight
- Northern California flight
- Chilled Cioppino soup with shrimp, crab claw and grilled olive bread
- Warm olive focaccia with olive oil and sea salt
- Vanilla bean crème fraîche panna cotta with Amarena cherry jus and EVOO madeleine
- Baby iceberg and heirloom tomato wedge with peppered bacon and blue cheese dressing
- Smoked bacon mac and cheese with barbecue-seasoned crispy onions
- Maple-bacon Whoopie Pie
- Roasted cauliflower and Meyer lemon-infused Dannon Oikos® Greek nonfat yogurt cauliflower puree with sundried tomatoes and fried capers
- Duck confit on potato smash with Meyer lemon preserves
- Meyer lemon macaron with blueberry marmalade, Meyer lemon cream and blueberry dust
- Cherry lemonade with cherry pearls
- Verlasso® sustainable salmon tataki with avocado-wasabi puree and Furikake dust
- Cage-free cream cheese deviled eggs with farm-raised smoked trout and chives
- Passion fruit posset and coconut chia with mango compote and jelly
- Mango agua fresca
The Onion Lair
- French onion mac and cheese topped with parmesan crumble and chives
- Braised Wagyu beef on creamy polenta with haricot vert and red onion salad and roasted Cipollini onion
- Chocolate-hazelnut and raspberry Feuillete tart
- Strawberry pineapple float with vanilla ice cream and strawberry pearls
Off the Cob
- Sweet corn nuggets with beef chili, spring onions and sour cream
- Jackfruit carnitas banh mi nachos with cilantro crèma and “pickled” de gallo
- Roasted sweet corn custard tart with honey tuille and smoked chili-infused chocolate sauce
Sweet & Sourdough
- Bay shrimp Louie salad served in a mini Boudin sourdough boule
- White cheddar lager soup topped with bacon, served in a mini Boudin sourdough boule
- Milk chocolate sourdough bread pudding with vanilla bean sauce
- Chicken Teriyaki slider with spicy Dole® pineapple jam
- Korean barbecue beef short rib tacos with Kimchi slaw
- Fresh strawberry compote, lemon verbena and vanilla bean shortcake parfait
- Dole® Pineapple-strawberry Float with vanilla ice cream and strawberry pearls
Paradise Garden Grill Beer Garden
- Beer-battered cod served with steak fries, sweet slaw and spiced remoulade
- Potato and cheese pierogis with vegetarian sausage served with grilled Anaheim chilies, caramelized onions and sour cream
- Beer-braised pork tacos served with pickled apple slaw, black beans and queso
- Sausage platter trio served with braised red cabbage and warm potato salad
- Large soft pretzel served with beer-mustard dipping sauce
- Salted caramel budino with vanilla bean Chantilly cream
- Bienenstich cake with honey-glazed almonds, filled with vanilla bean custard
Many of the Festival events are included with admission to Disney California Adventure. Guests who want to add the Signature Events may purchase separate tickets at an additional fee for:
- “In the Kitchen with …” – Each Celebrity Chef will lead a 60-minute culinary demonstration and Q&A followed by an autograph session. The experience includes a tasting of some of the prepared dishes.
- Sweet Sundays – A 90-minute culinary demonstration focuses on the sweet side of the culinary arts. Following a light breakfast and a sparkling toast, the Guest Chef for that day will demonstrate up to three recipes. Guests will enjoy samples from the chefs.
- Winemaker Dinners and Brewmaster Dinners – A four-course dinner features wines and winemakers or beers and brewmasters. Wine or beer selections will be paired with courses created by the Disney Executive Chef Team and each winemaker or brewmaster will speak on the libation and the pairing.
Forking Over the Cash
Signature Events, which require a separate ticket, include “In the Kitchen with …” on Saturdays from 6 to 7 p.m., Sweet Sundays on select Sundays from 10:30 a.m. to noon, and Winemaker or Brewmaster Dinners Thursdays from 6:30 to 9 p.m.
- Culinary Demonstrations (presented daily throughout the Festival) – Guests will enjoy 30-minute culinary demonstrations presented by local, visiting and Disney chefs. Each demo will focus on a single recipe, ingredient or cooking style. Guests will receive a tasting sample of the dish prepared.
- Wine, Beer or Spirits Education and Tasting Seminars (presented daily throughout the Festival) – Beverage seminars presented by industry experts will enlighten guests who want to learn more about their favorite spirits. Each 30- to 45-minute seminar will focus on a specific beverage type, region or label, and guests will enjoy tasting samples of some of the beverages discussed.
Celebrity chefs scheduled to appear during the Festival include Guy Fieri, Robert Irvine, Cat Cora, Duff Goldman, Emily Ellyn and Keegan Gerhard.
In addition to culinary demonstrations and seminars, guests will enjoy an exciting musical program with eclectic bands that add an authentic “California vibe” to the Festival. Children ages 3 to 11 may join in the fun with the popular complimentary Junior Chef experience (led by Chef Goofy, and available on a first-come, first-seated basis), and the Jammin’ Chefs, who serve up tasty rhythms with pots and pans that really get cooking with the help of sous chefs Chip ‘n Dale.
Taste for Yourself
From March 10 to April 1, guests may make reservations for Signature and other ticketed events at Disneyland.com/foodandwine. Reservations for events later in the month of April can be made beginning 60 days prior to the date of the individual event.
The Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival runs daily this year from March 10 through April 16 and will feature many free events as well as ticketed events with celebrity chefs.