SKYPARK AT SANTA’S VILLAGE opened its doors last week and we were invited to check out the newly restored magic. With new shopping, dining, and explorable adventures, the park promises to be a fully year-round enjoyable experience.
To celebrate the re-opening, we have a fun list of SKYPARK AT SANTA’S VILLAGE, BY THE NUMBERS!
- 5,910’ – The elevation at the “Top of the World” (the highest elevation in the park).
- 230 acres – The total acreage of SkyPark at Santa’s Village.
- 15 acres – The acreage used by Santa’s Village.
- May 28, 1955 – Opening day of the original Santa’s Village.
- 1000’ – The length of the SkyPedal Monorail track. Constructed in 1962 by American Crane & Hoist, the original Bumblebee Monorail at Santa’s Village was the test-bed for the larger-scale suspended monorail at the 1964 New York World’s Fair.
- 32’ by 17’ – The size of the “Caterpillar 777” dump truck which is the centerpiece of Santa’s Dumptruck Playground where children can play around the truck that helps Santa’s elves transport toys from their workshop to Santa’s sleigh before his Christmas Eve flight.
- 18 – The number of historic log buildings in the park that were renovated from the original Santa’s Village.
- 6,000 – The number of indigenous trees planted at SkyPark during the 2016 reforestation project in partnership with CalFire and several other conservation organizations.
- 12 months – The amount of time taken for the construction of Santa’s Village in 1955.
- 30 months – The amount of time taken for the restoration/transformation of Santa’s Village to the present-day Skypark at Santa’s Village.
- 60’ by 100’ – The size of the Silver Bells Skating Pond. The first full-sized, public ice rink in the San Bernardino Mountains since the Ice Castle in Blue Jay, CA which closed after its roof collapsed in 2001.
SKYPARK AT SANTA’S VILLAGE is open 364 days a year (closed on Christmas Day, of course!) and offers more than just a Winter Wonderland for the holidays. In 2017, the park will be expanded with more outdoor adventures including ziplines, archery, hiking trails, biking courses, fishing, and more!
See it all for yourself!
NO TICKETS ARE SOLD AT THE DOORS!
If you plan on visiting SkyPark at Santa’s Village, you’ll HAVE to plan ahead and purchase your tickets online. Since the park is not fully officially opened yet–and due to permit issues–they are only allowed to use half of their available parking and so to help control this they are only allowing ticket sales online.
- Adults (Age 13-59): $59
- Age 4-12 (and 60-79): $49
- Under 3 (and over 80): FREE
Group rates are also available.
Winter 2016 Deal
Guests visiting during the 2016 Winter Season will receive a credit to return to the park again at 50% off. That way, they can come back and enjoy the park when all of its other additions are finally ready!
Visit skyparksantasvillage.com for tickets and more info!