Long-needed and highly-anticipated new dining locations are coming to Downtown Disney with the confirmation of a new Parkside Market food court that will bring four new eateries. In addition to the new noshables, more concept art has been released offerings a look at the new stage and lawn that ar epart of the overall expansion.
New Parkside Market
Parkside Market will be a new food court promising four new offerings under one roof. Locations anounced include:
- Seoul Sister is a fast-casual modern eatery that will serve a Korean-forward menu based on bibimbap (Korean rice bowls) with a California twist.
- Executive Chef Kelly Kim will showcase bold Korean flavors through marinated meats, colorful vegetables and savory sauces over rice, noodles or salad, plus appetizers, an Asian-inspired breakfast menu, and hand-crafted drinks.
Sip & Sonder
- Sip & Sonder, from founders Amanda-Jane Thomas and Shanita Nicholas, is a Black women-owned brand that has been recognized as one of the best cafés in L.A. by the Los Angeles Times. Guests in the district can expect to enjoy Sip & Sonder’s signature lattes, as well as fresh treats, frozen drinks and Caribbean-inspired bites.
GG’s Chicken Shop
- GG’s Chicken Shop, from Boka Restaurant Group, was founded by James Beard Award-winning restaurateurs Rob Katz and Kevin Boehm, alongside Michelin Star Chef Partner Lee Wolen.
- Affectionately named after Wolen’s mother Geri, the shop will serve a family-friendly menu of chicken sandwiches, salads, and classic dinner table sides.
- The first brick-and-mortar GG’s Chicken Shop opened earlier this year in Chicago and this new location in Downtown Disney District will be its first on the West Coast.
A new, unnamed, bar
- A second story bar will be an al fresco spot offering great views to sip signature craft cocktails and mocktails from mixologists who infuse, muddle, stir, shake and swizzle the freshest mixes using local ingredients and artful garnishes.
- Refreshing selections will include frozen lemonades, frozés, espresso martinis, shareable cocktails and spirit-free elixirs.
Porto’s Bakery and Cafe
- Porto’s Bakery and Cafe will replace the current Earl of Sandwich Tavern and bring their famous California-Cuban cheese rolls, pastries, food and beverage (MORE INFO)
Din Tai Fung
- Din Tai Fung will offer guests their signature soup dumplings hand crafted right on site!
- This family-run restaurant will bring flavorful Chinese cuisine to Downtown Disney, where guests can enjoy dishes served family style in a creative space near the new lawn pavilion. (MORE INFO)
Paseo and Centrico
- Paseo and Centrico are two new Mexican-inspired concepts from Patina Group and Michelin-starred Chef Carlos Gaytan who will bring his inclusive vision of Mexican cuisine to life with a multi-sensory journey to the heart of his homeland. (MORE INFO)
Later this year, Downtown Disney will open a new stage and lawn for special events, activities, musical entertainment and more on the west end of the district.
- In this brand-new area, you’ll also be able to see a soaring new sculptural tower designed by Nikkolas Smith.
- This new tower will pay tribute to the sublime work of pioneering architects of color in Southern California during the mid-20th century with unique geometric patterns in the sculpture, evoking the famed mid-century buildings they created.
See it for Yourself
Downtown Disney will be opening its new expansion in phases. The new stage and lawn are expected to open this year with other locations and features opening later.