Yes, Rogers: The Musical is now a real, full-fledged theme park musical but it’s only here for a limited time (though August 31, 2023) and if you want to make the most of seeing the show then you’ll want to opt for the Premium Viewing Experience. We tried it out for ourselves on opening weekend and cannot recommend it enough!
See below for our thoughts on the perks, the view, and the whole process.
About the Show
- Rogers: The Musical at the Hyperion Theater in Hollywood Land at Disney California Adventure Park has its limited engagement through Augut 31, 2023.
- The show is inspired by the fictional Broadway musical theater sequence featured in the first episode of the Disney+ series “Hawkeye”
- The one-act musical (about 35 minutes in length) following the story of Steve Rogers, a.k.a. Captain America from his humble beginnings during World War II to becoming Captain America and leading the Avengers
- Features appearances by Peggy Carter and Nick Fury with appearances by Loki, Iron Man, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Thor, Hulk, and for reasons… Ant-Man!
- The musical features an eclectic array of musical styles in the score with book by Hunter Bell.
- There are 5 all-new songs with music by Christopher Lennertz and lyrics by Jordan Peterson, Christopher Lennertz and Alex Karukas
- Fan-favorites songs being included are “Save The City” from the Disney+ series Hawkeye (with music oy Marc Shaiman and lyrics by Scott Wittmar and Marc Shaiman), and “Star Spangled Man” from the film Captain America: The First Avenger (with music by Alan Menken and lyrics by David Zippel)
There’s one price for everyone and your proof of purchase is a specifically-colored coded wristband for your specific showtime.
- $29 per person
You are literally the first ones into the theater approximately 25 minutes before showtime so you have your pick of seats. There’s not a single reserved section so you can chose to sit wherever you’d like in the theatre!
You can see from our full video of the show above that we had AMAZING seats. We were amongst the last ones in our Premium Viewing Experience group to enter the theater and still ended up with second-row seats. In the photos below, you can see how full the theater was after all Premium Viewing Experience guests had been seated. There’s still PLENTY of really good seats available by the time they let in Virtual Queue and standby guests.
Aside from getting early entry into the theater, there’s a few extra perks to sweeten the pot and they make all the difference for making the experience worth the price tag.
- ROGERS: THE MUSICAL Souvenir Popcorn Bucket filled with kettle corn and choice of bottled beverage
- Access to lounge seating 90 minutes before the show near the Hollywood Lounge bar — in-and-out access is allowed
- A keepsake souvenir lanyard with the show logo is included for fun — it’s not used for anything other than to brag!
- Access to a unique photo opportunity that puts you into the Playbill-style poster for the show. A special Captain America shield is available, too
The Process and Tips
The Hyperion Theatre boasts capacity for nearly 2,000 people at once but the Premium Viewing Experience is limited to just 100 people per show. Because of limited capacity, you’ll want to be prepared to maximize your chances of securing your spot.
Where to Buy
The Premium Viewing Experience cannot be purchased in advance or online. The package can only be purchased day-of AT the location and EVERYONE in yourparty is required to not just be scanned into the park with a valid admission/reservation, but also be present at the time of purchase to get their wristband.
All sales are handled at the Hollywood Lounge in Hollywood Land. Guests of the Disneyland Resort Hotels get early-access to begin making purchases 30 minutes before the park opens. Everyone else must wait in a dedicated section until the park opens. Once the park is open, the queue officially forms and tickets are sold on a first-come first-serve basis.
For opening weekend, wristbands for the first showtime sold out within 20 minutes of the park opening and all remining wristbands had been purchased in less than an hour after park opening.
Getting Your Goodies
After you make your purchase at one of the registers at the Hollywood Lounge, you are directed to the wristband table where you can pick from any of the still-available showtimes. This is also when you’ll get your souvenir lanyard.
All remaining extras (popcorn bucket, soda, and photo-op) are available 90-minutes before showtime at the exclusive lounge located between the Hollywood Lounge where the packages are sold and the Studio Catering Co. truck.
Getting into the Show
You’ll need to be in the reserved lounge area to get access into the theatre. Approximately 25 minutes before showtime, Cast Members will escort you backstage to a House-Left entrance into the theatre. Premium Viewing Experience guests are the first ones into the theatrewith choice of any seat available for the taking.
Is it worth it? Hands down, for $29 this is the best way to get into see the show. You don’t have to stress with dealing with Virtual Queue or cross your fingers for Standby. Instead, you get your situation taken care of in the morning and you’re free to do whatever you want until it’s time to take a prime spot to enjoy this 35-minute spectacle banger.
See it for Yourself
Rogers: The Musical bursts onto the stage Tuesdays through Saturdays at the Hyperion Theater in Disney California Adventure for a limited-time now through August 31, 2023.
But Wait, There’s More!
- STEP BY STEP: How to Get a Virtual Queue for ROGERS: THE MUSICAL
- How to get priority access with a ROGERS: THE MUSICAL Premium Viewing Experience
- New food and drink options pack a patriotic punch for ROGERS: THE MUSICAL
- DETAILS: Everything you need to know to fully enjoy ROGERS: THE MUSICAL at Disney California Adventure