It’s the time once again for another fabulous issue Disney twenty-three magazine with the Summer 2023 issue with a full cover takeover featuring not one but three different summer blockbusters: THE LITTLE MERMID, HAUNTED MANSION, and ELEMENTAL!
Plus, find exclusive content include interviews with the cast and creators of THE MUPPETS MAYHEM, INDIANA JONES AND THE DIAL OF DESTINY, and much more!
The magazine is delivered directly to fans’ doorsteps and offered exclusively to D23 Gold and Gold Duo Members as a benefit of their membership. Here’s a deeper look at what to expect very soon!
Trio of Covers
Three different covers will be randomly shipped this month and each with the same Muppets Mayhem back cover. For members looking to collect all three covers, they will be available exclusively on shopDisney.com while supplies last.
- THE LITTLE MERMAID made a splash in 1989, when Disney fans around the world were introduced to Ariel as she gave everyone a glimpse into life under the sea. On May 26, fans will have the chance to dive back into the fathoms below with the reimagined live-action film. Bailey—joined by director Rob Marshall, co-star Daveed Diggs (Sebastian), and composer and Disney Legend Alan Menken—gives readers a glimpse into part of her world during an exclusive interview, including the extensive “tank work” she did to bring Ariel to life.
- ELEMENTAL is Pixar Animation Studios’ new film in theaters June 16. Dig deeper into the flow of the filmmaking process, including the origins of the story, the real-life inspiration for Element City, and the creative process of bringing to “life” these permeable people. Director Peter Sohn and co-stars Lewis and Athie share all these inside details and more to get readers fired up for Pixar’s story about this unlikely connection.
- THE HAUNTED MANSION is ready to open its doors and creep into theaters on July 28 to brings to life the happy haunts of the beloved Disneyland Park classic. Stars Rosario Dawson, LaKeith Stanfield, and Tiffany Haddish share behind-the-screams details that are sure to leave readers in good spirits. Director—and former Haunted Mansion attraction cast member at Disneyland Park—Justin Simien shares that “it’s such a refreshing and funny take on a ‘ride movie’ that also strikes this unexpectedly personal chord.”
- THE MUPPETS MAYHEM features on the back cover of the issue to celebrate the May 10 release of the Disney+ Original series The Muppets Mayhem. Executive producers Bill Barretta (Dr. Teeth), Adam F. Goldberg, Jeff Yorkes, and Leigh Slaughter, as well as Dave Goelz (Zoot) and co-stars Lilly Singh and Tahj Mowry, share stories on how the show—which follows the band on its journey to record their first album—rocks out.
- INDIANA JONES AND THE DIAL OF DESTINY is back commemorating four decades of crusades and crystal skulls, and this time it might seem time for archeologist-turned-adventurer Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford) to retire his whip and fedora, but he’s got another quest to join in Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny, in theaters June 30. Ford is joined by co-star Phoebe Waller-Bridge (Helena) and director James Mangold in exclusive interviews detailing the storyline of the new film, the action-packed stunts, and living up to the legacy of the Indiana Jones franchise. Ford shares with Disney twenty-three that he “wanted to finish the job. I wanted to see the character at the end of his career. I wanted to round out the story, as it were. So much of the character is based on his prowess, and when his academic career finishes, I always wondered what would be left of him.”
- Other features include 25 years of the Disney Cruise Line; looks back at 70 years of Peter Pan, one of Walt Disney’s favorite childhood fairy tales and his first starring role; and gives a sneak peek into what happens when mystical beings enter the hallowed halls of high school in American Born Chinese, a new series coming to Disney+ on May 24.
More to Explore
Also included in the Summer 2023 issue of Disney twenty-three:
- A visual tour of the traveling Walt Disney Archives exhibit Walt Disney and El Grupo: A Trip Through Latin America
- A tribute to the life and legacy of Disney Legend, animator, director, and story artist Burny Mattinson
- A special By the Numbers: Disney100 looking back at The Walt Disney Company from 1949–1973—the second in a four-part series
- Regular features including D Society, Character Analysis, and Ask the Walt Disney Archives
See it for Yourself
Disney twenty-three magazine latest issue will begin shipping soon! The latest issue will begin arriving before the end of May.
LEARN MORE: Info and Details about D23 Gold Membership