In celebration of Mickey and Minnie’s birthdays today, November 18, Disneyland has made a few announcements via the Disney Parks Blog for the upcoming changes in Mickey’s Toontown. Although there’s not much there that eagle-eyed fans didn’t already spot at the D23 Expo. The newly refreshed land will be reopening March 8, 2023 at Disneyland!
Meanwhile, changes in the rest of Mickey’s ToonTown are notable!
The Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway attraction will be mostly the same as it’s Disney’s Hollywood Studios counterpart but will feature a few key differences including an entrance from the El CapitTOON Theatre. It opens January 27, 2022 as part of the Disney 100 Years of Wonder Celebration.
Goofy’s How-to-Play Yard
- Goofy’s How-to-Play Yard will transform Goofy’s House Dedicated to all things play, Goofy’s How-To-Play Yard
- Incorporates a whimsical sound garden where kids will discover new ways to make wacky noises, as well as enjoy an all-new, elevated clubhouse
- Find a fun, interactive candy-making contraption that only Goofy could imagine! The confectionery contraption begins high outside of Goofy’s home, as drips of honey fall from a beehive onto a chute that slides the colorful drops around and down into the home
- Junior candymakers will help Goofy make the candy, and the silly sounds of household appliances will combine to make a truly Goofy symphony
Donald’s Duck Pond
- Will feature larger-than-life spinning water lilies, balance beams and rocking toys at Donald’s Duck Pond that will help little ones get the wiggles out and make a splash
- You also can look into the boat through the portholes to witness bubbles of fun inside the flooded vessel and interact with some familiar ducklings including Huey, Dewey, Louie and Webby.
Chip n’ Dale’s Gadget Coaster
- Mickey’s Toontown’s favorite tinkerer, Gadget Hackwrench, has created a one-of-a-kind, fun-sized coaster for the town’s tiniest citizens.
Mickey’s House and Minnie’s House
- Will return with self-guided tours where you can discover special surprises in every room. You may even be able to visit with Mickey and Minnie while you’re there
Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin
- Will also return, where you can board Lenny the Cab and spin through the streets and alleys of Toontown as you follow the adventures of Roger Rabbit.
More to Explore
- Will be anchored by two new interactive play experiences; a beautiful fountain featuring water tables designed for play that invite guests to have a sensory experience, plus a nearby dreaming tree with sculpted tree roots providing an opportunity for children to crawl and explore
- Replacing Daisy’s Diner where acclaimed culinary expert, Daisy Duck, serves up diner classics at her sidewalk table eatery
- Although not confirmed today, Pluto’s Dog House and Clarabelle’s will no longer be vending locations, instead they appear to be turning into dedicated Mobile Order stations for Cafe Daisy. We can assume that ice cream will be sold at Daisy’s Diner.
Good Boy! Grocers
- Replacing Goofy’s Gas this a friendly roadside stand offers grab-and-go drinks and treats
Video from D23 Expo
See it for Yourself
Mickey’s Toontown opens at Disneyland March 8, 2023. The highly-anticipated Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway opens a little sooner on January 27, 2022!