The Disneyland Mickey’s Toontown land renovation and upcoming Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway attraction are on full display this weekend at the D23 Expo and we’ve got your full peek inside at the gorgeous new models!
The Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway attraction will be mostly the same as it’s Disney’s Hollywood Studios counterpart but will feature a few key differences including an entrance from the El CapitTOON Theatre. Disney unveiled the poster for the Disneyland version of the attraction and the model otherwise doesn’t tease much about the zany train-ride gone wrong adventure.
Meanwhile, changes in the rest of Mickey’s ToonTown are pretty significant! If the model is correct, we can expect to see:
- Chip n’ Dale’s Gadget Coaster was not part of the model but it’s sign teases the upcoming change to Gadget’s Go Coaster
- Goofy’s How to Play Yard will transform Goofy’s House into a hyper interactive new area inside and out
- Donald’s Duck Pond will transform Donald’s Boat with its actual pond turning into a water play area
- CenTOONial Park will feature a bunch of play and water features that seem to blend into Goofy’s backyard
- Good Boy Grocery is replacing Goofy’s Gas, seemingly remaining as a quick grab-and-go selection of quick fresh bites.
- Cafe Daisy seems to be a trendy update on the classic Daisy’s Diner
- Pluto’s Dog House will no longer be a vending location and instead be a dedicated Mobile Order station for Cafe Daisy
- Clarabelle’s will no longer be a vending location, we can only assume the ice cream will be sold at Cafe Daisy
- City Hall remains largely the same although the ToonTown gazebo is being removed to expand the dining area
Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway
But Wait, There’s More!
MouseInfo coverage of D23 Expo 2022 spans the entire weekend’s offerings! Stay up to date with all of our #D23Expo content below and don’t forget to follow us on TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram!