Back for its 28th season, Six Flag’s Magic Mountain Fright Fest aims to bring a whole bunch of fresh terror to the Valencia theme park with 24 terror via new shows, scare zones, and photo experiences. plus 14 total mazes and a fan-favorite event hallmark… coasters in the dark.
2022 Fright Fest Highlights
- Truth or Dare – A haunted facility that leaves guests questioning their every move, with never-before-done scares and effects in a warped game of Truth or Dare. Located near Full Throttle;
- Devil’s Triangle – The deepest, darkest depths of the ocean haunted by the many souls lost to the Devil’s triangle, who prey on guests as they enter the park;
- CarnivHELL – One of the largest scare zones in the park featuring the carnivorous band of carnies from a once-thriving circus. Located in Bugs Bunny World, step right up and enter if you dare;
- The Rising – An ominous show set on the remains of a sunken pirate ship revealing the battle of good versus evil and the power of the demonic Devil’s Claw. Located in the Devil’s Triangle; and
- Spirits with Spirits – An evening of monstertainment featuring music, spirits of both natures, and devilish treats located in the West Picnic Pavilion. Plus, don’t miss other ghoulish grub only available during Fright Fest at select locations around the park.
- Willoughby’s Resurrected is where evil spirits roam the once-affluent Willoughby’s Family mansion;
- Condemned – Forever Damned is full of horrific haunts of a dilapidated home where the walls are alive and the spirits of those who once lived there unleash their fury on anyone who dares enter;
- Vault 666 Unlocked is where demonic relics are locked in a dark and sinister antique shop, casting spells and haunting those who try and steal them;
- Sewer of Souls takes guests into an underground world of lost souls and terrifying tunnels where evil oozes; and
- Aftermath 2: Chaos Rising is the region’s largest outdoor maze, covering more than 40,000 square feet where the spirits of the dead and the near-dead inhabit a post-apocalyptic city with larger-than-life props, fire, fog, and other special effects.
- The Deadzone unleashes a renegade group of cyberpunk zombies that feed on unsuspecting visitors;
- Terror Rising – Dark Developments haunts guests for all eternity as their worst nightmares rise up from the depths of hell and prey on the innocent who dare to enter this abandoned cemetery;
- City Under Siege is full of clowns who are loose and running rampant through the streets;
- TERRORtory Twisted is home to steam-spewing mechanical beasts who relentlessly hunt down their victims;
- Nightmares – A Twisted Fantasy is where childhood favorite bedtime stories take on a perverse twist; and
- Exile Hill makes guests freak out when unimaginable sinister souls appear without warning.
Spooktacular shows include:
- Unleashed located in City Under Siege, takes place at 7:00pm nightly when the monsters of Fright Fest break free;
- VooDoo Nights returns where ghoul rock goes pop with today’s hits. Guests will want to dust off those thriller moves and join in the fun in the Full Throttle Plaza.
More to Explore
- Twisted Colossus, Viper, X2, Scream, Goliath, Apocalypse, and more go lights go out adding a new level of fear to the park’s iconic coasters
- Trick-or-Treat Trail and Halloween crafts round out the frightfully fun family activities during the day including a Trick-or-Treat Trail in Bugs Bunny World
See it for Yourself
Six Flag’s Magic Mountain Fright Fest comes back for 23 select nights from September 10 through October 31, 2022.
- Fridays: September 16, 23, 30, October 7, 14, 21, 28
- Saturdays: September 10, 17, 24, October 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
- Sundays: September 11, 18, 25, October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
- Monday: October 31
Ready for more?
Check out out our coverage from the 2021 event below.