Knott’s Berry Farm confirmed several exciting enhancements starting in 2023. The Fiesta Village section of the park is being refreshed to celebrate the Hispanic cultural influences in Southern California with refreshed thematic details with new dining and shopping. The highlight of the area will be MonteZOOMa: The Forbidden Fortress coaster experience which is currently underway replacing the former MonteZOOMa’s Revenge.
MonteZOOMa: The Forbidden Fortress
The newly imagined coaster experience promises immersive storyline and new surprise thrills for its riders. New updates allow guests to be completely surprised by the direction the train will take them at the start of each ride. A randomized launch sequence will make it impossible for anyone to know their destiny until it is too late to escape the clutches of Montezooma.
To reach the station and try to escape with Montezuma’s gold, guests will find their way through the fortress protecting the treasure but must beware of the countless boobytraps within. The grounds leading to the temple will resemble a macabre history exhibit as treasure hunters’ remains from throughout the ages line the walls. Now that the traps leading to the gold have been cleared, only those brave enough can make it through the final challenge and find themselves at the home of the hidden Aztec treasure in MonteZOOMa: The Forbidden Fortress.
The attraction originally opened 1978 as Montezooma’s Revenge and was the first flywheel-launched roller coaster in the world and the oldest shuttle loop roller coaster still in its original location.
The New Fiesta Village
The new Fiesta Village will reopen Summer 2023, showcasing enhanced themes and beautiful décor across three new zones in the area. Walking down El Camino Real and entering Fiesta Village, guests will step into brand-new food locations, an updated stage and a redesigned marketplace.
- The Fiesta Plaza stage will be refreshed to an even grander scale, with theming to match the attached restaurant and new bar
- Casa California will be transformed into a completely different dining location with a menu featuring Mexican food items such as made-to-order tacos and burritos
- Papas Mexicana, across from the brand-new eatery, is where guests can enjoy fan favorites like carne asada fries and other delicious offerings
- Cantina Del Sur will replace the former La Papa Loca and become a one-stop shop for specialty beverages
- An open street market in this new zone will be inspired by the likes of Los Angeles’ Olvera Street
- Fiesta Mercado will offer an assortment of merchants and retailers selling items perfect for guests to commemorate their visit to the new Fiesta Village
- Magical alebrijes will feature in a new zoon as guests head into Fiesta Village from the Boardwalk These brightly colored mythical creatures will take over the landscape and transport guests to a dream world inspired by Mexican folklore.
- Taqueria Fiesta will offer Mexican street food at a new taco stand-influenced location
See it for Yourself
Knott’s Berry Farm Hotel renovations are expected to be completed in 2023
The Knott’s Berry Farm Hotel will remain open during its remodel. For reservations and special theme park packages, please visit knotts.com.