They say you can’t top pigs with pigs but Universal City Walk is going to top chicken with chicken! This past week Chick Chick Chicken opened as a new casual dining restaurant adjacent to the Universal Studio Store. The location previously hosted Ludo Bird chicken restaurant and more recently saw other temporary options including Butterbeer.
We had the chance to try some of the new menu this weekend and found the Asian-Style Chicken to be well-seasoned and super crispy while the chicken inside was tender and juicy with a flavor-packed kimchi coleslaw and a kick of Comeback Sauce. On the side, we opted to pass on crinkle cut fries and had a coleslaw that turned out to be pretty basic.
For opening weekend, the menu featured a solid stack of flavor options. The sandwiches do not come with a side but you can add Crinkle Cut Fries, Asian Coleslaw, Classic Coleslaw for an additional $4.99 which seemed a little steep for the quality. Here’s the primary menu items and prices.
- Nashville Hot N’ Spicy Chicken Sandwich – $10.99 – Spicy hand-breaded chicken breast, bread & butter pickles, classic coleslaw, brioche bun
- Asian Style Chicken Sandwich – $11.99 – Crispy puffed rice chicken, Asian coleslaw, sriracha aioli, black sesame brioche bun
- Classic Fried Chicken Sandwich – $9.99 – Hand-breaded chicken breast, bread & butter pickles, comeback sauce, brioche bun
- Classic Fried Chicken Tenders – $13.99 – Hand-breaded chicken tenders, white bread, classic coleslaw, fries, bread & butter pickles
- Nashville Hot N’ Spicy Chicken Tenders – $13.99 – Spicy hand-breaded chicken tenders, white bread, classic coleslaw, fries, bread & butter pickles
- Kids Jr. Chicken Sliders – $9.99 – Hand-breaded chicken breast, brioche bun, fries
See it for Yourself
Chick Chick Chicken opens daily at 11am at Universal CityWalk in Hollywood.