They say you can’t top pigs with pigs but Universal City Walk is going to top chicken with chicken! This past week Chick Chick Chicken opened as a new casual dining restaurant adjacent to the Universal Studio Store. The location previously hosted Ludo Bird chicken restaurant and more recently saw other temporary options including Butterbeer.
The new Universal-owned eatery jumps on the culinary trend of hot chicken and fried chicken sandwiches bringing a range of bold flavors from classic to Nashville Hot and even an Asian-style chicken.
We had the chance to try some of the new menu this weekend and found the Asian-Style Chicken to be well-seasoned and super crispy while the chicken inside was tender and juicy with a flavor-packed kimchi coleslaw and a kick of Comeback Sauce. On the side, we opted to pass on crinkle cut fries and had a coleslaw that turned out to be pretty basic.
For opening weekend, the menu featured a solid stack of flavor options. The sandwiches do not come with a side but you can add Crinkle Cut Fries, Asian Coleslaw, Classic Coleslaw for an additional $4.99 which seemed a little steep for the quality. Here’s the primary menu items and prices.
- Nashville Hot N’ Spicy Chicken Sandwich – $10.99 – Spicy hand-breaded chicken breast, bread & butter pickles, classic coleslaw, brioche bun
- Asian Style Chicken Sandwich – $11.99 – Crispy puffed rice chicken, Asian coleslaw, sriracha aioli, black sesame brioche bun
- Classic Fried Chicken Sandwich – $9.99 – Hand-breaded chicken breast, bread & butter pickles, comeback sauce, brioche bun
- Classic Fried Chicken Tenders – $13.99 – Hand-breaded chicken tenders, white bread, classic coleslaw, fries, bread & butter pickles
- Nashville Hot N’ Spicy Chicken Tenders – $13.99 – Spicy hand-breaded chicken tenders, white bread, classic coleslaw, fries, bread & butter pickles
- Kids Jr. Chicken Sliders – $9.99 – Hand-breaded chicken breast, brioche bun, fries
See it for Yourself
Chick Chick Chicken opens daily at 11am at Universal CityWalk in Hollywood.