ENCANTO is one of Disney’s hottest properties and soon it will be serving up some of Disneyland’s hottest plates and coolest drinks with the official announcement of the upcoming LA COCINA MADRIGAL Y CANTINA.
Mirabel made her Disneyland debut earlier this month and it seems she’s not finished bringing a taste of Colombia to the Happiest Place on Earth!
The new restaurant and watering hole will replace the current Rancho del Zocalo in Frontierland which closes this spring for the epic transformation. The popular Mexican eatery’s offerings will be updated with a broader Latin American focus featuring bright new food options and vibrant new drink offerings. The addition of a new cantina with spirited libations will also make this the third publicly accessible location in Disneyland Park where guests can purchase alcohol.
Reminiscent of the familia Madrigal from Disney’s ENCANTO, the main kitchen area will embrace its rustic comfortable warmth with new enhancements to make you feel at home in your own casita. Homey new decor items will accent the interiors while new murals that depict the lush landscapes and colorful wildlife of Colombia will grace the walls.
The outdoor portion of the restaurant will continue to feature romantic lanterns throughout with the addition of new custom butterfly lanterns. New jacaranda trees will add a hurricane of color with seasonal blooms plus a new cactus garden at the entrance will showcase more than 30 varietals of colorful cacti year-round.
The enhanced menu options at LA COCINA MADRIGAL Y CANTINA will include:
- Julieta’s Arepas with rice and beans are Mirabel’s favorite featuring dairy-free queso-stuffed maiz with spiced plant-based ground meat and pickled onions
- Luisa’s Roasted Chicken is marinated with Colombian spices, served with steamed veggies and patacones (fried green plantains) offering a tasty energy boost
- Burrito Mojado is a fan-favorite from the current menu but will be given an update with a robust pork fritanga, yellow potatoes, rice, beans, and aji sauce
- We Don’t Talk About Churros Sundae is a warm sundae featuring dulce de leche ice cream, churro-flavored whipped cream, and a dusting of magical green cinnamon-sugar
The indoor-outdoor dining area will be transformed into an off-shoot Cantina where premixed cocktails and zero proof mocktails will be served including:
- Dos Orugitas is a non-alcoholic blue-colored vanilla milkshake topped with whipped cream, colorful flower-shaped sprinkles, and a pair of gummy worms
- Mariposa Salpicón is is a non-alcoholic colorful mix of diced fruit, orange juice, and Colombiana La Nuestra kola-flavored soda
- Las 3 Hermanas cocktail features Citron vodka, cranberry juice, Cointreau, and lime and a garnish with three cranberries representing Mirabel and her two sisters
- The Gift Carajillo is a hot beverage with Colombian coffee, Porteno Colombian Solera rum, and sugar
See it for Yourself
LA COCINA MADRIGAL Y CANTINA opens at Disneyland April 1, 2023. An official closing date for Rancho del Zocalo has not yet been announced.
MORE INFO: More Details on the Disney Parks Blog