The NATIONAL TREASURE original series coming to Disney+ is welcoming a familiar with with the confirmation that franchise star Justin Bartha will be returning returning to guest star and reprise the character of Riley Poole from the hit film by the same name.
The live-action series NATIONAL TREASURE expands the iconic movie franchise with a center on a young heroine, Jess (Lisette Alexis), a brilliant and resourceful DREAMer who embarks on the adventure of a lifetime to uncover the truth about her family’s mysterious past and save a lost Pan-American treasure.
As previously announced, the series also stars:
- Catherine Zeta-Jones (“Ocean’s Twelve”) as Billie, a badass billionaire, black-market antiquities expert and treasure hunter who lives by her own code;
- Zuri Reed (“Flatbush Misdemeanors”) as Tasha, Jess’ ride-or-die friend who joins the treasure hunt but is forced to reevaluate her belief system to help her best friend;
- Jordan Rodrigues (“Lady Bird”) as Ethan, Jess’ childhood best friend who has loved her since the day they met;
- Antonio Cipriano (“Jagged Little Pill” on Broadway) as Oren, a loveable but self-obsessed goofball with an encyclopedic knowledge of conspiracy theories that attempts to win back Tasha’s affections;
- Jake Austin Walker (“Rectify”) as Liam, a swoon-worthy struggling musician, with a permanent chip on his shoulder, who comes from a long line of treasure hunters. Jess recruits her friends to help uncover the truth about her parents and their connection to the treasure;
- Lyndon Smith (“Parenthood”) stars as FBI Agent Ross, who assists in the quest.
A Disney Branded Television series, NATIONAL TREASURE is produced by ABC Signature, part of Disney Television Studios. Jerry Bruckheimer, Cormac & Marianne Wibberley, Jonathan Littman and KristieAnne Reed executive produce the series alongside Rick Muirragui, who also serves as a writer. Jon Turteltaub is also an executive producer. Mira Nair is directing and executive producing.
See it for Yourself
NATIONAL TREASURE original series will debut exclusively on Disney+. An official release date has not yet been announced.