Storyliving by Disney is a massive new push from the house of Mouse that adds a new way to literally live within the Disney magic. Nestled under the moniker of Storyliving by Disney, these master planned neighborhoods promise distinctively designed spaces, unique amenities, and Disney’s world-renowned service as part of the recipe.
As you might expect, the development is more specifically geared for the “next chapter in life” consumers which means that while technically open to anyone, Storyliving by Disney is really pursuing the aged 55+ crowd here.
How is Disney Involved?
So Mickey is building homes now? Well, not quite. Disney is not the developer of Cotino™, a Storyliving by Disney community or the builder or seller of homes within Storyliving by Disney communities; this is all facilitated by third-parties developing and building which are independently owned and operated.
Here’s how Disney is involved in the Storyliving experience:
- Disney Cast Members trained in the company’s legendary guest service will operate the community association
- Through a club membership, Disney will also provide access to curated experiences, such as wellness programming; entertainment ranging from live performances to cooking classes; philanthropic endeavors; seminars and much more
- Disney Imagineers will play a key role in developing the creative concept for the communities, working in conjunction with respected developers and homebuilders
Cotino, a Storyliving by Disney community
The first Storyliving by Disney community will be built in Rancho Mirage, in California’s Coachella Valley—a location where Walt Disney himself owned a home and would spend leisure time with his family. Additional locations in the U.S. are under exploration for future development.
Cotino will welcome homeowners of all ages and will include at least one section expressly for 55+ residents. Home buyers will have a range of home types to choose from, including estates, single family homes and condominiums.
What to Expect
- The community is expected to surround an approximately 24-acre grand oasis
- Clear turquoise waters with Crystal Lagoons® technology, enabling crystalline lagoons of any size to be built sustainably, with low water consumption and using a minimum amount of additives and energy
- A voluntary club membership will offer access to a waterfront clubhouse, a club-only beach area and recreational water activities, as well as Disney programming, entertainment and activities throughout the year
- Cotino is also expected to feature a vibrant mixed-use district with a range of shopping, dining and entertainment, plus a beachfront hotel, and a professionally managed beach park with recreational water activities that can be accessed by the public through the purchase of a day pass
Cotino is being developed in collaboration with DMB Development, which is Disney asserts is highly regarded for its development of large-scale planned communities in the U.S.
See it for Yourself
To receive news and updates or to access additional information, visit StorylivingByDisney.com.