ADVENTURES BY DISNEY is ready to embark on fantastic world-class journeys that will a-fjord lucky participants unforgettable memories in the Arctic! The all-new Adventures by Disney Expedition Cruise begin in 2023 with guests grouped with team of naturalists and Adventure Guides for an incredible famiy-friendly vacation like no other. Travelers will have opportunities to explore Antarctica and the Galápagos Islands with added sailings to both destinations.
Plus, avid Disney fans will find incredibly unique opportunities on select sailings for a bit of extra bit of magic with special guests, including former Disney Imagineer Joe Rohde who will lead sketching sessions on an upcoming Arctic Expedition Cruise.
What Does It Entail?
- Sail aboard intimate, purpose-built ships specially designed to access remote destinations
- Experience pristine natural wonders and diverse wildlife throughout the adventure on Adventures by Disney Expedition Cruises
- A broad range of excursions enable expert naturalists and Adventure Guides bring the stories of these regions to life, both on land and at sea
Where Do You Go?
New Family Expedition Cruises to the Arctic
Scheduled for two departures in 2023 (June and July),
- 10-day, nine-night, Arctic Expedition Cruises will sail on a charted adventure with PONANT, a leader in luxury polar expeditions.
- Family vacation experiences to both polar regions, each with its own distinctive landscape and wildlife.
- Former Imagineer Joe Rohde will join the July 2023 sailing and will delight guests with amazing tales from his Disney career and share his passion for nature and conservation. Rohde will also host fun sketching sessions for guests, even those with no artistic experience.
- Following a welcome dinner and overnight stay in Oslo, Norway, adventurers fly to Svalbard to board Le Boreal to explore Northern Norway and the Arctic.
- While in Longyearbyen, the largest town of Norway’s Svalbard archipelago and the northernmost settlement on the planet with a permanent population of more than 1,000, guests will further explore this former mining town.
- Guests will view the breathtaking glaciers of this region’s most beautiful fjord, Kongsfjorden and embark on daily boat excursions where they may see some of the region’s unique wildlife including polar bears, reindeer, arctic foxes and walruses.
Family Expedition Cruises to Antarctica
Scheduled for departures in December 2022 and early 2023.
- 12-day, 11-night Antarctica and Patagonia Expedition Cruises which will sail with PONANT.
- This adventure takes travelers to the southernmost tip of Argentine Patagonia, to visit the resort town of Ushuaia before boarding their vessel to travel through the Drake Passage.
- Soak in the awe-inspiring landscapes of Antarctica, where each day brings a new adventure.
- Daily boat excursions and hikes along the continent’s shorelines, provide the opportunity to catch glimpses of native wildlife like seabirds, penguins and seals in their natural habitat.
- Offshore activities defined by nature, every wildlife viewing will be unique to the sailing.
Pre-cruise Experience in Buenos Aires
Travelers booked on an Antarctica and Patagonia Expedition Cruise can add even more adventure with the Buenos Aires Escape.
- This four-day, three-night guided group experience will highlight must-see attractions as well as the hidden gems of Argentina’s capital.
- Learn to dance the tango with a private demonstration, enjoy the countryside tradition of horseback riding while visiting a local estancia and experience the epicurean delights and cosmopolitan culture of Buenos Aires.
Family Expedition Cruises in the Galápagos Islands
Five departures have been added for 2023
- An adventurous nine-day, eight-night sailing aboard the boutique expedition ship, the Galápagos Legend.
- Explore the diverse islands and ecosystems of the Galápagos Islands. This cruise is operated in collaboration with Go Galápagos.
- On excursions led by naturalists, discover the archipelago’s spectacular vistas and remarkable diversity of plant and animal species, with possible sightings of the albatross, frigate bird, blue-footed booby, giant tortoise, marine iguana and Galápagos penguin.
- Trip highlights include snorkeling in turquoise waters inhabited by sea lions, reef fish and sea turtles; hiking across the islands’ diverse terrain; and paddling in transparent kayaks along sheltered coves.
Pre-cruise Experience in the Amazon
- Following an overnight stay in Quito, travelers will spend three or four nights on the Anakonda river boat and see the Amazon rainforest up close from the ground and the tree tops.
- Explore the Napo River by motorized canoe in search of the elusive pink river dolphin, enjoy a guided nocturnal rainforest walk to witness animals that would go unseen during daylight and more.
See it for Yourself
Adventures by Disney Expedition Cruise begin in 2023.
To learn more about Adventures by Disney or to book a vacation, guests can visit AdventuresByDisney.com, call 1-800-543-0865 or contact a travel agent.