The Walt Disney Archives are back again at Bowers Museum and this time they will be presenting an entirely new exhibition All That Glitters: The Crown Jewels of the Walt Disney Archives which premieres December 12, 2021.
With a vast archive that includes not just Disney but also 20th Century jewelry and accessories, fans will encounter a glittering assemblage of pieces from Titanic, The Princess Diaries and other favorite films in a way that they have never been able to before. All That Glitters’ three main sections each explore different facets of how jewelry is used to tell stories:
- “Jewelry Informs Character” explains what wearable accessories tell viewers about characters
- “Feature Vault” offers a jaw-dropping look at the most prized jewelry and accessories inside the Walt Disney Archives
- “Reflections on Reality” includes displays that tie earrings, cuff links, rings, tie pins, and more back to the Disney films and parks that they originated from.
Visitors will recognize iconic pieces from classics such as:
- A rare merchandise locket from the 1960 film Pollyanna
- The stunning “Heart of the Ocean” necklace from James Cameron’s Titanic (1997)
- Anne Hathaway’s crowns and tiaras from The Princess Diaries movies (2001 and 2004).
- Mulan’s matchmaking outfit from Disney’s 2020 live-action film
- Genie’s lamp from Aladdin
Bowers Museum is one of Southern California’s finest museums, showcasing exquisite examples of art and culture from around the world since 1936.
See it for Yourself
All That Glitters: The Crown Jewels of the Walt Disney Archives at the Bowers Museum in Santa Ana, California is available from December 12, 2021 – June 19, 2022.
Advanced ticket sales for All That Glitters: The Crown Jewels of the Walt Disney Archives will launch to Bowers Members starting October 1, 2021 and to the general public starting November 1.