As the reopening of the theme parks of the Disneyland Resort moves closer, we’re starting to get details about some of the goodies that await. New eats and treats will debut in Downtown Disney but what’s getting the most attention is the confirmation that the Blue Bayou Restaurant (which will NOT be reopening with the park at the end of April) will be updating its menu to include new wine, beer, and other alcoholic beverages.
The new spirited beverage options at Blue Bayou Restaurant mark only the second location at Disneyland to ever offer alcohol on its menu during regular park operation in the park’s 66-year history. The 2019 Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge expansion was the first official location in Disneyland to offer alcoholic beverages.
Here’s a taste of what to expect soon at the Disneyland Resort…
Aside from wine, beer, and a new specialty Hurricane Cocktail coming to the popular restaurant inside of the popular Pirates of the Caribbean attraction, guests will also find menu wine parings, sparkling wine packages, and non-alcoholic seasonal variations of Disneyland’s famous Mint Juleps. Oddly, no spirited versions of Mint Julep will be offered.
At Downtown Disney
- Linguini and Kale Pesto Salad – Linguini, house-made kale and walnut pesto, sun dried tomato, arugula, and pecorino with lemon zest (available April 22-25)
Salt & Straw
The Cereal-sly Delicious Series 2021 brings back childhood memories mixing cereal and ice crema into tantalizing new flavors.
- Pots of Gold & Rainbows – Whole-grain cereal in cream for that bottom-of-the-bowl sweetened milk before stirring in mountains of rainbow ‘mallows.
- OffLimits’ Dash Cold Brew Cocoa Crisps – Coffee and dessert all at once with this cold brew ice cream swirled with malty fudge and coffee and cocoa spheres enveloped in salty chocolate bark.
- Peanut Butter Captain Munch – Dairy-free, starchy oat ice cream with peanut butter-coated cereal clusters and peanut butter swirl.
- Snap ‘N Crackle Marshmallow Treats – Brown butter treats pressed and toasted with marshmallow into a lacy Florentine in a rich, malty graham ice cream.
- Cornflake Cookies w/ Marionberry Jam – Swirls of house-made marionberry jam with malty cereal-flecked ice cream and crumbled brown butter sugar cookies.
Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs Cart
Pickle Corn Dog – Panko-crusted dill pickle corn dog served with a side of peanut butter.
Earl of Sandwich
Le Frenchy Sandwich – Smoked ham, brie, and mustard sauce on signature artisan bread.
Although not new to Disney Parks, reusable bamboo utensils touted as waste-free snacking solution will be available at select locations in the spring – while supplies last. This cutlery set comes with a handy travel pouch and clip. We first spotted them last year during the short-lived Disney’s California Adventure Food and Wine Festival. They were available for $14.99.
See it for Yourself
Expect additional details to be released in the coming days and weeks. For now, an official reopening date for the Disneyland Resort theme parks and hotels has not yet been announced.